Transportation Services Manager
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 38034
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Responsibilities: The Manager of Transportation Services is also responsible for strategic planning and implementation of all aspects of the systemic transportation cost and service management function.
- Develops, recommends, and maintains policies on costs, service and quality and provides TMS solutions for these.
- The position oversees design and deployment of new and existing operations and systems, ensuring that Ingram Micro is positioned strategically to optimize the network and take full advantage of leading-edge programs and service.
- The objective of the position is to help develop and achieve Ingram service, cost, and quality objectives with respect to transportation, for Inbound, Outbound, Import, Export, and cross-border distribution activities.
- Also, to manage the data streams associated with Transportation Services offering for Technology Solutions and Commerce and Fulfillment Services The Manager also is responsible for the administration of transportation network design and TMS upgrades associated with the Commerce and Fulfillment Services division.
- This position typically organizes and/or leads priorities and resources to meet Transportation cost and service objectives and is an experienced subject matter expert.
- He or she would be expected to work cross functionally to define and solve complex problems in Transportation Management, and Logistics.
- This would include analysis on but not limited to transportation cost, carrier performance, and customer service.
- Assists in the development and management of the strategic business agenda for Ingram Micro, our vendors, customers, and with our Commerce and Fulfillment clients.
- Develop, manages, and implements the tactical agenda of same. This includes information regarding transportation cost optimization, vendor cost management, product flow, transportation strategies and establishment of related information flows.
- The responsibility includes coordination of our TMS, 3rd Party firm(s), Product Management, Sales, IT teams and Ingram Micro Logistics with North America Operations in the development and execution of transportation strategies and tactics.
- The Manager will be responsible for managing the Transportation Management System (TMS) system to include enhancing the system to improve functionality and network optimization. Maintenance and continued upgrading of 2 TMS / ERP combinations is required (Impulse, JDA-Blue Yonder/TMS).
- If these systems fail, we cannot ship or cannot ship correctly, impacting sales and cost.
- Coordinate carrier contract management by ensuring our contracted services and costs are properly reflected in the Ingram Micro TMS, forwarded to legal and updated in our 3rd party freight audit companies’ system for auditing purposes.
- Maintaining transit files, routing guide changes, customer flags for DAS and USPS, and accessorial charge updates are also included.
- Responsible for managing the accuracy of data supplied for freight audit, payment, reporting and analysis for Ingram Micro North America’s Transportation, Demand/Supply Chain, and Inventory Planning strategies.
- This role takes on the form of long-range strategic planning (projections of freight spend based on actual trends for corporate finance and budgeting purposes, near term research and planning (i.e. Ingram Micro Logistics service/reporting design and development).
- Defines and implements tactical programs and projects in relation to optimizing systems and network development.
- Manage and develop a quality centric, rapid reaction staff of logistics professionals.
- Proven working experience as a Transportation Supervisor/Manager (5+ years)
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead supervisors and manage staff (25+ associates)
- Proficient in standard TMS/WMS software (JDA, Blue Yonder, RedPrairie)
- Previous Budget planning and implementation responsibility
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience with Carrier procurement, auditing, and reporting; RFQ/RFP process
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
Strongly Preferred but not Required:
- AS/BS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Certification(s) in Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.