Ingram Micro is the global leader in technology and supply chain services with an extensive array of resources to drive market and customer growth, while bringing unique insights that enable businesses to realize the promise of technology™.
Enabling our partners and vendors to operate more efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve, we are proud to be associated with names such as Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Hewlett–Packard and Lenovo.
No other company delivers as broad and deep a spectrum of technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. To achieve this, we know that we need great people with a mindset that supports and delivers on the complete customer delivery model. To compliment this dynamic team, we are now looking to recruit a Business Manager with experience within consumer tech and/or peripherals
Your role will be to proactively develop and co-ordinate a strategic product portfolio for our vendor set, by producing, implementing and delivering meaningful strategic and tactical marketing and promotional activity. Meeting vendor profitability targets through pricing measures, proactive management of vendor rebate programme and delivering NMR. Creating and managing a revenue pipeline through liaising with key partners, IMUK sales division and key customers.
Vendors, Purchasing, Finance, Sales, Accounts Payable, Operations, Key customers
Predominately office based, Milton Keynes with some external travel to events, vendors and customers when required.
Establish & Manage Vendor Relationship
- Develop comprehensive understanding of vendor business, product life cycles, roadmaps & target market segmentation
- Pro-actively seek out opportunities with new vendors and emerging technologies and represent Ingram Micro as a best in breed partner
- Identify appropriate communication links & review processes to include frequent telephone conferencing and face to face meetings.
Develop the Vendor Account
- Create quarterly and annual business charters reflective of IMUK/vendors strategic and tactical objectives
- Liase with IMUK sales department to ensure cohesion of revenue and margin objectives for vendor set
- Liase with vendor wholesale and re-seller account managers to ensure maximum benefit from leads and customer/market development plans
- Liase directly with key IMUK customers relevant to particular vendor set to ensure development of sales and revenue pipeline
Optimisation of Vendor Profitability
- Proactively manage the vendor pricing structure to ensure that IMUK are competitive in the marketplace
- Seek daily feedback from the sales floor to determine competitive activity and identify opportunities to increase pricing
- Work with the vendor to increase rebate opportunities 'outside the box' in areas such as product line specific, traded accounts & stretch targets
- Work closely with purchasing o control inventory & limit loss through ageing or obsolesce
- Work closely with the vendor to develop full understanding of vendors proposed product strategy and associated markets
- Seek to identify new areas of opportunity within the vendors product portfolio for IMUK
- Investigate opportunities around new vendors and enhancing IMUK product offering by category through on take of new vendors and technologies
Marketing and Promotional Activity
- Produce strategic and tactical 3 & 6 month rolling marketing plans aligned to the business charters
- Liase with IMUK Marketing team to ensure timely production and delivery of all planned activity
- Assume full responsibility for the organisation of vendor spiffs and incentive programmes including liaison with 3rd party IMUK approved suppliers, the administration of paperwork relating to TAX and NI and the management of spiff budgets within the MPS system
- Work with IMUK PR department to secure vendor buy-in for IMUK corporate shows/events & seminars or attendance at industry awards
- Seek to identify opportunities for additional reseller seminars and shows and work with the IMUK PR department to organise and run these events
- Ensure that the vendor is committed to the IMUK multi - vendor marketing programmes
- Actively seek deals opportunities from the vendors and ensure that these are communicated to the IMUK sales floor and re sellers through the use of the appropriate communication channels.
If you are interested in the role and you come with relevant experience we will only be more than happy to pick up and discuss with you the role in much more detail. Follow the apply link and the team will be in touch.