Associate III, Operations (Based in Dubai)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job ID: 38235
Who are we?
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology™—helping them maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use.
The company supports global operations by way of an extensive sales and distribution network throughout North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific:
- Local sales offices and/or representatives in 64 countries
- 190 logistics centers worldwide
- Representing over 1,700 major suppliers in the IT field.
- Serving more than 200,000 customers in approximately 160 countries
We are proud to say that No other company delivers as broad and deep a spectrum of technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
About the role: “ Associate III, Operations”
- Oversee the day to day Inbound function in the warehouse in compliance with the procedures and guidelines set by the company.
- Ensure that all tasks are executed within the given deadlines and maintain Material Inwarding schedule, Put Away on locations and GRN as per agreed Service Level (SLA)
Major Responsibility: Planning & organizing work flow & work load / Space management skills/ optimum space utilization to ensure all Inbound jobs are completed within the given time
- Coordinate with the Warehouse In-charge on incoming shipments, plan warehouse space accordingly and arrange to offload, check and arrange to rack the goods on GRN.
- All incoming material to be inwarding using Warehouse Management system (WMS)
- Communicate all delays or variances in Warehouse Inbound to the appropriate persons to ensure all concerned persons are updated on all open jobs
- Delegate the racking of all incoming shipments and ensure accurate location numbers are entered in the system
Major Responsibility: Knowledge & implementation of Health & safety of the warehouse premises
- Ensure the forklift machines and tools for warehouse requirements are maintained properly
- Adhere Jebel Ali Customs rules & regulations
- Absolute compliance of company policies and procedures at all times
Major Responsibility: Customer focus – ensure timely inwarding of received material
- Ensure received material is first offloaded at Inbound staging area, segregated and than pushed to the location following WMS Putaway process
- In association with the warehouse assistants, check and physically count all incoming shipments against the invoice and packing list received and report any discrepancy to the Warehouse In-charge
Major Responsibility: Managing Labour relations
- Always display a professional and friendly manner with all the colleagues and customers
- Any other tasks decided by the Warehouse –In charge / Logistics Manager
Decision Making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
- Inbound Shipments Scheduling
- Staging Area Space Allocation
Explain the decisions that depend on position’s advice:
- Extra Temporary Manpower required
- Additional Machine Hiring
- Overtime Expenditure...
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Minimum Graduate or above from reputed Institute
- Experience: 2-3 years or above in medium to Large size warehouse operation
- Good Analytical skill including delivering against SLAs and measurable KPIs
- Knowledge of stock keeping and warehouse management functions.
- Knowledge and experience of using Warehouse Management System (WMS) including handheld/PDA devices is must.
- Knowledge of U.A.E. and Jebel Ali customs rules and regulations
- Team Work & Respect
Ingram Micro is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where all associates are valued, respected and supported. We are highly driven by our tenets of successes: Results , Integrity, Imagination, Responsibility , Courage and Talents .