Team Lead of Operations (1st Shift)
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 38190
Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.This is located at our ITAD facility.Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Responsible for the handling, moving, loading and unloading of materials by hand or by using a variety of material handling equipment.
- Opens and seals crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers.
- Collects, sorts, stores and distributes materials.
- Process orders from requisitions and dispense stock items.
- May assist in inventory of stock, including stock rotation.
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving and processing of freight according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the orderly stocking and/or timely delivery of merchandise. Maintains and updates the purchase order system as shipments are received, cancelled, or back ordered.
- Processes inventory paperwork.
- Updates management on all inventory issues on a regular and as-needed basis.
- May participate in activities including kit and bundle breakdown and component sorting.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Seasoned individual contributor.
- Works under limited supervision for routine situations.
- Provides assistance and training to lower level employees.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis to understand. Makes minor adjustments to working methods.
- Explains practices, procedures and policies to reach agreement wit others outside of the job area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a senior level.
- Proficient in the various competencies relevant to their job.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Generally works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Two year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3 year experience in functional area. OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years functional experience, preferably at a senior level.