Computer Repair Technician (1st shift)
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 38285
WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Life cycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro is looking to hire 3 great Computer Repair Technicians for first shift! Come join an industry leader in technology distribution and an awesome team!
The primary responsibility of a Repair technician is to diagnose and repair electronics. Must have component level audio experience.
- Perform tasks such as installation, diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of electronics
- Manually examine and repair computer hardware components
- Troubleshoot computer systems both hardware and software
- Take apart and re-assemble computer components and parts
- Analyze failed equipment according to procedures and determine whether equipment is repairable
- Resolve hardware technical issues with proper solutions
- Manually set up computer systems and hardware, and install or re-install software programs for computer users
- Will spend 100% of time in repair station diagnosing and repairing
- A + Certification
- AS Degree or some college with equivalent work experience
- DCT experience with server configuration and able to wipe hard drives
- Imaging experience if applicable
- Three to five years related experience and/or training
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The employee should have working knowledge of different models such as laptops, PC’s, servers, etc.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer several times a day
- Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for over 60 minutes at a time
- Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor
- Daily lifting up to 25 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time
- Daily carrying up to 25 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time
- Constant standing, walking, stooping.
Warehouse environment; exposure to heat and cold (equivalent to outside temperatures); dust, pollen, fumes (as in normal outside environment); noise.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.