Principal Cloud Engineer - Azure/AWS
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 37701
Principal Cloud Engineer
Provides infrastructure management and operational support relating to cloud (internal/external/hybrid) services. Assist with the team on technology standards, works on project teams, trouble-shoots complex issues, and be the escalation point. Collaborates with management on annual goals, objectives, and performance reviews oversight, discipline, promoting and training of team. Provides advanced support and assistance to both level 3 and level 2 teams. Provide guidance and expertise with cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) ranging from internal cloud to external cloud and hybrid
- Collaborates with management and other team leads to prioritize projects and workload and ensure a consistent service offering.
- Interfaces with project managers and technical contacts outside the team.
- Subject Matter Expert relating to cloud strategy and services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS)
- Responsible for and review change management requests and scheduling.
- Develops global standards, processes, and operating procedures for cloud working with external services like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Manages incident and request queues. Provides detailed root cause analysis and problem management reporting. Presents problem reviews to senior management.
- Defines technology standards, works on project teams, trouble-shoots complex issues.
- Provides advanced support and assistance to both level 3 and level 2 engineers.
- Provide on-call support to the operation.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent job-related experience
Expertise with the following technologies:
- A minimum of 5 years supporting virtual or cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure).
- Strong experience in internal and external cloud services like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong process-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work with virtualization technology
- Experience in monitoring and auditing systems
- Ability to translate architectural requirements
- Ability to deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems
- Knowhow to implement and control the flow of data, to and from a service provider
- Capability to select the appropriate services based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Ability to estimate usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms
- Capability to migrate on-premises workload to service providers
Preferred experience (one or more of the following):
- Management of Cloud Services and it’s accounting process
- Programming and Scripting languages like Python and PowerShell
- Oversee the selection of orchestration tooling, as well as compliance audits and reporting.
- Enhance systems operations, with a focus on automation and minimizing cost.