Operations Supervisor 1ST SHIFT (6am-3pm)
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 38189
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology
you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue
, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Operations Sort Supervisor 1st Shift
Ingram Micro is looking to hire Supervisor(s) for our Plainfield, IN facility. Come join our fantastic team!Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Administers and operates the organization's logistics warehouse, including shipping and receiving, inventory, materials and equipment.
- Accounts for all materials and supplies; audits goods received and shipped.
- Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space.
- Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team.
- Problems faced may be difficult and complex.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports and stakeholders.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to moderate level of control and review.
- Supervises support level associates (clerks, production associates, technicians) in an organization characterized by high transactions or processes.
- Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team to ensure task completion.
- Assignments are largely established in accordance with schedules and deliverables.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensures that employees operate within these guidelines.
- Can make exceptions to some but not all processes and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of department processes.
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel.
- High School Diploma or 3-5 years of operations and logistics experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable working with Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience using a WMS.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law