Repair Technician II (Consumer Electronics)
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 38191
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The primary responsibility of a Repair Technician II is to diagnose and repair consumer electronic audio/video equipment to component level defects.
- Perform tasks such as inspection, board level diagnosis and repair, component level diagnosis and repair of consumer audio/video electronics.
- Ability to read schematics and troubleshoot electronic circuits to component level using appropriate test equipment.
- Manually examine, diagnose, and repair to board or to component level, consumer electronics across multiple manufacturers with little to no supervision
- Analyze failed equipment according to procedures and determine whether equipment is repairable under manufacture warranty or out-of-warranty repair thresholds
- Utilize manufacturer websites to assist in diagnostics and/or part number identification.
- At least two years related experience and/or training in diagnosing and repairing consumer electronics
- AS Degree or some college and/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should have working knowledge of different manufacturers/brands of consumer electronics. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer several times a day.
- Daily standing, focusing on and diagnosing TVs and/or Computer Monitors as well as operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data.
- Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
- Daily lifting up to 50 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time. Daily carrying up to 50 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping. Constant reaching, handling products.
EQUIPMENT USED AND NECESSARY:
Laptops, Computers, PC’s, Multi-meter, Oscilloscope, Screwdrivers, ESD straps