The Manager, Marketing Client Services (MMCS) leads a team of associates who are assigned to client lines or programs/ campaigns within the Marketing Agency. They ensure the team develops and executes marketing strategies and programs to our channel partners. They are responsible for the personnel management duties of a team, including: daily coaching, determination of work load, performance evaluations, and creation of associate development plans. The MMCS works with account management in the creation of marketing strategies through Ingram Micro and ensures successful delivery of activities and events. They are responsible for tracking and monitoring marketing revenue and profit of clients or program/campaign budgets, drive profitable marketing initiatives with positive ROI metrics and represent Ingram Micro in marketing related business meetings. The MMCS manages assigned product categories/solutions and understands channel marketing trends, product positioning and market opportunities and maintains a leadership position within the Marketing organization by participating in leadership meetings, chairing a task force, and training associates.
• Advocate for Ingram Micro's core competencies and act as a subject matter expert for Marketing Services and Offerings.
• Consult with clients on the best use of their investments and messaging. Ensure the clients are reaching the appropriate audience and objectives are in line with Ingram Micro goals and objectives.
• Leads and understands 2-tier distribution and the channel, marketing trends, technology trends and competitive climate. Identify and recommend modifications to plans to help achieve desired results.
• Strong knowledge, interaction and relationships with various departments such as purchasing, market development, sales, client business managers, and how they tie in to driving marketing objectives.
• Strong knowledge of Ingram Micro reseller customer and segments.
• Assist with quality control for marketing projects by interfacing with clients and / or internally and developing tracking tools for effective project management.
• Ensure flawless execution of plans through consistent monitoring and communication with the marketing team, client management, and sales organization.
• Oversee the assigned marketing team to ensure they are following proper processes and procedures.
• Strong understanding of the workflow and principles of Marketing Accounting procedures, including project/program budget requirements and billing processes.
• Responsible for overall profitability of marketing programs and reconciliation.
• Provide leadership and feedback on Ingram Micro programs, policies and how to apply them affectively.
• Ensure client ROI reporting is comprehensive and completed within the requested timeframe. Consult and engage with clients to improve ROI and share best practices.
• Collaborate with account managers and clients to uncover opportunities and incremental funds.
• Knowledge of overall marketing selling process including quotes, sales order and projects (WBSs).
• Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of overall business, which may include pipeline, sales cycles, technology trends, etc.
• Participate in LMT (Leadership marketing team) meetings and stay up to date on initiatives, goals, challenges and company directives.
• Strengthen Marketing’s involvement and participation by supporting in the development of client business plans. Work with account managers to prepare for and present materials for client meetings when appropriate. Present and engage with senior and/or executive level internal associates and clients.
• Oversee program budgets or client budgets for all direct reports/programs. Stay up to date on profitability increases or decreases.
• Pursue opportunities with program managers to reduce expenses and increase profitability.
• Act as a consultant to clients and/or Business unit/Division management by providing marketing direction pertaining to Business unit/ Division initiatives or assigned manufacturers’ marketing plans.
• Stay up to date on industry trends and competitive analysis.
• Understand emerging/ upcoming technologies for future planning and program initiatives.
• Consistently demonstrate leadership ability on key projects or committee by coaching members on accomplishing tasks, developing research, and improving efficiencies.
• Oversee multi-client programs or strategic single client initiatives from design to implementation.
• Work with task forces to assign action items, drive program issues to completion, and ensure programs are visible and well supported within the Market Development and Client Management organization.
Education and Experience required:
• Formal education or training: Bachelor’s degree or relevant additional experience in a related field.
• Previous work experience: Five to ten years of marketing experience, preferably in the high tech computer related environment. Experience in developing and implementing channel marketing programs. Understanding of the distribution channel preferred. Supervisory experience desired.
*BILINGUAL- Spanish and English fluency is required
Knowledge, skills and abilities required: Demonstrated knowledge or similar experience outside of Ingram Micro related to the above Job Description, including the following skills and abilities:
• Knowledgeable in: Technology products and distribution channels relative to assigned product category, general computer applications (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint) as well as the demonstrated ability to learn additional work related computer applications. (i.e. SAP, Impulse, Oracle, Magellan)
• Skilled in: Supervisory/people management, associate coaching and delegation of tasks (i.e. providing constructive feedback and setting expectations of associate),leadership and management skills, strong marketing plan writing and execution skills, advanced selling and negotiation skills, strong writing skills, strong presentation skills, advanced problem solving skills, superior time management and organizational skills, ability to persuade, highly proficient in developing business, marketing and sales plans, highly skilled in managing multiple projects simultaneously and strong attention to detail
• Strong Communication Skills: Ability to communicate with executive level associates internally and externally in an articulate and professional manner. Ability to practice discretion and understand appropriateness of communication and behavior
• Ability to: Implement recommendations and see projects through to completion, professionally conduct meetings and discussions and work both independently and as a team member