Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day
with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue,
we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries
and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Sr. Principal of Information Technology is an integral member of the Ingram Micro Commerce and Life Cycle Services IS leadership team, an innovative, fast-paced group focused on delivering business-driving technology solutions.
You will be supporting our CLS Americas business unit through a time of unprecedented growth. Our business is changing as we continue to offer our customers world class services supporting both forward and reverse logistics, along with specific capabilities in business-to-business and direct-to-consumer fulfillment. We are looking for candidates who want to revolutionize our business with us. He/she will oversee IS strategy development, technical architecture, application roadmap planning, and resource planning for the CLS Americas IS team. You’ll also be relied upon to evaluate, recommend, and implement new technology to keep Ingram Micro at the forefront of innovation in reverse logistics.
The ideal candidate will be as eager as we are to innovate and exceed demands, will be dedicated to meeting commitments, and will be committed to delivering value to the overall team. Experience in delivery of complex software applications with a strong background resource planning, requirements solicitation, and developing technical roadmaps and delivery plans are required.
As the leader of strategy development, the successful candidate will have the following immediate priorities, including, but not limited to:
- Provide focused leadership to the IS organization that will foster success based on a culture of respect for the customer and fellow employees.
- Mentor, motivate and develop a winning team
- Partner closely with the Sales, Customer Service, Operations, Security, Network & Infrastructure Engineering, and application teams to understand their processes and subsequently to create plans and solutions out that is both highly responsive to, and drives, the market and that delivers on-time and on-quality.
- Partner closely with customers to understand their needs and processes and establish any technology integrations with their existing platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Executive Director – IS and other business leaders to create and manage the corporate strategic plan.
- Creates product roadmaps based on the needs of the various groups keeping in mind industry needs and processes.
- Ensures that very strong alignment exists within CLS Americas IS teams and across other interdependent organizations – be a strong, clear communicator.
- Works with various Ingram Micro groups to integrate customers with CLS Americas and other Ingram Micro solutions as needed.
- Defines and manages to budget requirements.
- Establishes and utilizes effective business relationships with key influencers in target markets.
Job Knowledge, Skill & Ability Qualifications:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – able to achieve results through positive influence and to create alignment both inside and outside their organization through strong communication.
- Ability to thrive in, and foster in others, an entrepreneurial culture.
- Strong systems thinker – able to quickly understand how the various pieces come together in a system and the role each element plays in that system.
- Highly creative, high energy individual with a hands-on style.
- Very comfortable in a technology centric company and able to quickly grasp new and existing technology concepts to be able to articulate the value to customers and potential customers.
- Solid understanding of the make/buy decision process and able to look beyond personalities to understand what is best for the company and to make the right decision.
- Ability to successfully utilize technology partnerships to accelerate time to market.
- Understands the nuances of developing, selling, delivering, and supporting both hardware and software centric solutions.
- Ability to work effectively across the organization and build strong peer relationships, particularly with sales, customer service, engineering, operations, and application development teams
- Understanding of transportation, forward logistics, reverse logistics, and supply chain operations
- Ability to look at a technology and quickly grasp the short- and long-term opportunity and consequences for CLS Americas and be able to articulate those effectively across the organization.
- Always operates with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Travel requirement estimated at 20% minimum.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.