Technology Consultant - Dell EMC - Western NY (Buffalo)
This job posting is no longer active.
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 35280
Description Are you a charismatic & highly-certified technology professional who is comfortable holding court with CxO-level decision-makers? Are you looking to work within an organization of like-minded professionals who appreciate the value of knowledge, experience, wisdom and influence? Does the concept of travelling the country to counsel business leaders on how to build & enhance their practice around Enterprise & Mid-market IT Infrastructure technologies sound exciting? If so, then this Technology Consultant role might be right for you!We are hiring an datacenter & storage-focused Technology Consultant to provide strategic consulting, technology enablement, training and education to reseller business customers - with a goal of growing their sales of Dell EMC products, technologies and services with Ingram at a faster rate (specifically in the South-Central & West Coast regions).This particular Technology Consultant role is focused on Dell EMC's infrastructure server & storage solutions. Holding relevant technical architect certifications is a plus (e.g., EMCTA).Why join us?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day and with $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates worldwide. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future. We’re expanding our footprint around the world and we’d love to expand it with you!!Your Role
What You Bring To The Role
- To build reseller and vendor relationships and gain trusted adviser status for transparent collaboration and planning of business needs.
- Educating partners on best in class IT solutions to facilitate the building of practices in areas of focus.
- Help raise the technical proficiency of the customer to win more business through sound product and technical focus and market relevance.
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders by a great understanding of partner sales organizations
- Proactively present information on new and emerging products, technologies and services to help reseller partners to capitalize on new market opportunities and increase end-user reach and loyalty.
- Effectively articulate benefits of technologies, products and services over “speeds and feeds.”
- Play a larger role consulting internally for the company and act as a subject matter expert, lending support to executive management for supporting or validating strategic initiatives
- Executes MBOs on a quarterly basis that are tightly aligned to strategic vendor management and sales objectives.
- Travel up to 20%
- Location: Western NY area (Buffalo)
- If you have worked in the IT industry and channel related to technologies such as Hybrid Cloud Storage, Data Center technologies, Virtualization, Networking and/or Wireless Networking, and have an understanding of the distributor-reseller dynamic - YOU SHOULD APPLY!
- Do you love training, public speaking, strategic road-mapping, working cross-functionally and presenting your technology thought leadership with larger audiences? Then we would love to talk to you!!
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years directly-related experience
- Or high school grad (or equivalent) with a minimum of 9 years directly-related experience
- Or 5 years Ingram experience in a technical capacity
- And relevant professional level industry certifications
- *Years’ experience to include technical channel development. Reseller education and enablement in Mid-range & Enterprise technology solutions for hybrid cloud storage, data center, communications, networking, or cyber security.
- This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties.