Professional, Business Analysis-USA
This job posting is no longer active.
Jeffersonville, IN, United States
Job ID: 38584
The purpose of this position is to optimize and maintain item level profiling and slotting strategies that lead to increased operational efficiency and improved service levels. The business analyst will define the item profiling scheme, analyze historical order patterns to identify items with similar take rates, and develop inventory slotting tools. The analyst will develop tools to maximize the amount of product in the forward pick locations in order to minimize the frequency of inventory replenishment. The analyst will collaborate with support teams to quickly and effectively reslot all or parts of the warehouse. The analyst will also develop and maintain reporting for inventory and quality control departments.
Major Essential Functions:
- Define item profiling scheme.
- Develop and maintain slotting and replenishment tools.
- Analyze order patterns to correlate items with similar take rates and slot them accordingly.
- Define and implement a reslotting schedule to either move small sets of items or reslot the entire warehouse.
- Collaborate with Operational, Planning, and Industrial Engineering partners to optimize material flows and pick paths.
- Implement and maintain slotting metrics.
- Document profiling and slotting assumptions.
- Develop standard operating procedures.
- Analyzes daily report of missed orders and units and provides descriptions and summary of failures to meet customer expectations
- Report systemic problems to appropriate parties for timely resolution.
- Regularly communicates with manager and operations management issues pertaining to storage and/or handling efficiencies and offers options for improvements or solutions
- Configure forward pick locations for materials to proper min/max level and set appropriate replenishment levels to ensure efficient flow of materials to and from location
- Maintains a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times
Minor Essential Function:
- Assist in developing wave management strategies.
- Perform ad hoc analysis/reporting as directed by manager or upper management.
- Support order planning as needed.
- Communicate sudden spikes in or other abnormal volume to operations staff as a proactive measure so preparations can be made to adjust labor accordingly.
- Learn and understand the issues and functions of kitting.
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/or management based on our fluid business demand
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, in supply chain, operations research, industrial engineering or related business field.
- Must have 2-3 years of progressive experience in a large corporate environment with heavy emphasis on supply chain analytics.
- Broad end to end understanding of supply chain principles with deep expertise in supply chain analytics.
- Experience in managing multiple projects / tasks with varying complexities
- Able to drive change, to work with people, and to influence decision making across various Ingram Micro businesses and all levels of the organization
- Considerable knowledge and experience using Microsoft Access and Excel
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills and excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong database skills and ability to handle large amounts of data with database tools like Microsoft Access