Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day
with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue
, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries
and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing the billings for Forward Logistics Programs and Reverse Logistics Programs for the Mobility Markets for CLS. The Senior Staff Accountant will work closely with account management, the business, and customers to establish billing processes and requirements and resolve any billing discrepancies. The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for accruing, recording, and adjusting revenue for these programs, and when applicable material cost of goods sold. In addition, the Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for reconciling accounts, and producing, distributing, and analyzing reports ensuring deadlines are met.
- Independently and accurately produce billings and month-end accruals for customers, ensuring revenue is accurately accrued and recorded in IFS in accordance with contract terms and U.S. GAAP.
- Ensure monthly closing duties are performed by their deadlines, including preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and producing and distributing reports.
- Analyze financial results and provide concise explanations for variances.
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager to provide financial insights and feedback.
- Assist with external audit(s) including process demonstrations.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation.
- Assist with department wide projects to improve process efficiency and add value.
- Serve as a mentor for less experienced staff.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Work closely with Account Management to resolve issues as they arise.
- Monitor Accounts and provide weekly billing estimates to support trend estimates.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5 + years of accounting experience
- 5 + years’ experience reading and interpreting contracts (specifically related to billing requirements and revenue recognition)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS office suite, specifically Excel and Access.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple customers with different billing requirements.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgment.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.