Senior Manager, Operations – Depot Services
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Benefits of Working For Ingram Micro!
- Medical insurance is available the first week of employment.
- 401K vests upon hire, with no waiting period.
- Employee purchase program, discounts for name brand phones, TVs, desktops and more!
- Great bonus incentives!
Operations Supervisor (Repair Depot Center) 1st Shift:
Reporting to the Repair Depot Director manages all aspects of the depot repair process, supporting our customer's technology devices. The Repair Center handles technology repair services, device management and post deployment support services for customers. Deport Supervisor is responsible for device technology repair services and is responsible for overall deployment of technology devices. The Supervisor manages the day-to-day that include project management, logistics, resource allocation, budgeting, project updates, and staff supervision. A thorough understanding of mass computer imaging is mandatory. This includes the ability to use mass imaging software in order to install software and operating systems upon devices in “bulk”. Devices may include tablets, Chrome OS Devices and Windows OS Devices.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop full scale project plans; Execute and oversee project timelines and critical tasks
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Identify and manage to project risk
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis (daily, weekly, and monthly) about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Assemble and coordinate project staff while facilitating and maintaining positive team growth and communication
- Maintain standards of quality control (verify unit works properly, unit is fully configured, unit is clean, etc.
- Provide oversight and management to the Depot Repair team.
- Ensures all technicians and operators are adequately supplied with appropriate tools and equipment
- Responsible for process compliance including 5S, collecting the data necessary for corrective and preventive action, and reports result to manager
- Supervises employees to ensure they follow the company’s policies and practices, including; counseling, time approval, performance management, etc.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas
- Completes other tasks as assigned by manager including participation in process improvement teams or leading one
- Analyze, track for trends, and make recommendations based on performance indicators indicating negative depot performance or potential best practices to bench mark. General knowledge of Mass Technology Device Deployment
Skills and Abilities Requested
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in project management/coordination
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience as depot repair supervisor
- Creative problem and resolution skills
- General knowledge of Windows and Chrome OS operating systems
- Able to positively interface with employees, customers, and vendors
Knowledge, Training and Certifications
- Project management course work highly encouraged
- College degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google application suites (Excel, PowerPoint, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- CompTIA A+ (Required)
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.