IT Support Engineer
Job ID: 38840
Purpose of the Role
This role is responsible for IT systems and infrastructure support, the scope includes assistance to internal clients in terms of networking, desktops, backups and information security services, as well as having communication with corporate technical experts.
This multi-faceted role also includes support at warehouse, but most frequency at commercial office.
Function and Responsibilities
- Ensure to fulfill IT infrastructure standards, guidelines, protocols and security policies in collaboration with IM Chile Infrastructure Architect
- Support delivery of the IT services. This also includes adoption of reusable technology assets to improve efficiency.
- Ensure life-cycle planning for all in-scope infrastructure components are on track
- Assists regular health checks of all “major” infrastructure components are performed such as backup, network links monitoring
- Ensure Data Centers procedures are fulfilled on time and manner
Operations and Management:
- Provide technical infrastructure support, on-call troubleshooting, escalate incidents and problem tickets, e.g. resolve implementation, integration and communication system issues
- Support internal user to resolve technical issues in desktop and laptops
- Monitoring and alerting infrastructure services and devices (i.e. switch, UPC, network link, servers, racks, etc.)
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Fulfill security information standards based on corporate compliance policies
- Support Desktop, server, storage and networking infrastructure
- Support Desktop and server virtualization software
- Support Backup/recovery and replication infrastructure
- Support Operating system software
- Support Telephony hardware and software
- Support Fileserver platforms
- Support datacenter environmental infrastructure i.e power, cooling, rack space, cabling, etc.
Required skills & experience:
- 2-5+ years work experience in diverse IT technical and management roles
- Technical Computer Science degree, Engineering degree desirable or related discipline
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration and applications layers
- Experience with various technology platforms in embedded devices e.g. Mobile, Web, Windows, Labeling Machine, security access control
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and understanding industry trends
- Expert technical skills in:
- Network, security and communications (protocols and standards)
- Windows servers technologies (w2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016)
- Windows desktop (w7, w10)
- Virtual Severs Management (VMWare 6.0, ESX/ESXi, vPhere, vMotion)
- Cisco and Ethernet security devices and setting up
- TCP/IP delivery methods and solutions
- Standards of DNS, DHCP, AD and desktop delivery solutions
- ITIL Certification is desirable
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate internally with users and team members, collaborate with corporate technical teams. Technical English.
- Solution orientated - Develops creative, workable solutions to issues. Demonstrates agility and resourcefulness in identifying creative and practical solutions.
- Collaborative - Good at collaborating with business users, corporate technical specialists. You must also appreciate ambiguity and working under pressure.
- Plan and Improve – Understanding of business drivers and all software/platform requirements, documentation understating and frameworks.
- Action Orientated - Enjoys working hard – responsive and flexible. Ability to work on multiple activities at once, prioritizing tasks and deliverables, and managing expectations accordingly.
- Solves Problems - Uses rigorous logic & methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.