Sr. Strategic HR Business Partner
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $47 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
INGRAM MICRO FACTS:
- Ingram Micro does $47 Billion in revenue
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
As the Sr. Strategic HR Business Partner, you will develop talent strategies and manage HR processes to support long-range and short-term needs of the business. Working with the Chief Country Executive and management teams you will support a diverse workforce, including Ingram Micro LATAM Export, Regional Vendor Engagement Team (Advanced Solutions), and Commerce/Lifecycle Services business. This includes onsite employees and remote employees in Central America and the Caribbean.
In this position, you will lead a broad array of HR initiatives to attract, develop, motivate, and retain world-class talent. We are seeking a strong business partner with generalist capabilities and a growth mindset to foster a high-performance culture and support our vision.
This role is based at our Miami, FL facility. Searching for local candidates, no relocation is offered.
- Provide HR expertise while enhancing company culture and promoting corporate values. Managing change and complex projects in support of organizational objectives. Acting as a change leader within the organization and coaching others on leading through change.
- Utilizing data and associate feedback tools to identify and act on trends to proactively drive organizational efficiency; improve leadership quality and effectiveness, making recommendations to enhance company and departmental profitability; improve associate performance; and improve retention and engagement.
- Creating alignment between people and organizational development strategy and short/long-term business strategy.
- Ensuring client groups are structured optimally and provide appropriate career development paths to enable organizational effectiveness, while driving consistency and alignment across business units and the company.
- Overseeing the talent management pool through the identification and assessment of talent strengths and development opportunities (TAP); supporting management in the preparation of individual development plans to ensure associates are prepared for future opportunities. Savvy at importing/exporting talent.
- Helping the organization plan, forecast, and actively managing headcount and compensation expenses. Drive the talent agenda for client groups in close partnership with the Talent Acquisition Team about projected changes in the business, staffing needs, skills, and competency focus.
- Implementation of HR best practices and processes such as performance management (in conjunction with the Employee Relations team), compensation planning and workforce/succession planning.
- Consulting/Coaching leadership team to build and strengthen capabilities to drive a high-performance culture.
- Liaising with other HR Business Partners, COE’s in other areas of the business to align/coordinate effort administering HR processes and work collaboratively on cross business/geographical issues.
- Supporting/providing functional expertise as COE to Costa Rica and Argentina HR leaders.
- Mentoring and providing guidance/support to employees across geographies (globally) at all levels of the organization.
- Working in tandem with L&D to create workshops (Purposeful Leadership, Change Management, Diversity & Inclusion) to drive engagement, culture, and competencies.
- Philanthropic Committee Site Lead. Lead and organize philanthropic events in support of local community.
- ISO 9001/14001 internal/external audit prep and participation.
General HR Support:
- Provide support to employees and managers in the handling of all human resource related activities which may include employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Supports and serves as a liaison between employees and management
- Provide counsel to employees and management to maintain a productive and positive work environment, including development planning, coaching, etc.
- Advise managers on salary offers and equity increases.
- Coordinate workers compensation program, including issues relating to modified duty/early return to work, ADA and litigation.
- Assist in the recruitment efforts and new hire and transfer processes including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development of job descriptions, diversity recruitment strategies, interview candidates, job offer recommendations and offer letters, write announcements, and act as liaison with the hiring manager and the recruiting team.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
- Consult with appropriate legal counsel as needed.
- Consult with and advise management to maximize employee productivity through swift and timely resolution
- Resolve employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings (corrective action), Performance Improvement Plans
- Provide counsel and support to managers for performance development and improvement Provide and track compliance of required training including conducting New Employee Orientation, New Manager Orientation, Harassment Awareness and other related compliance training, leadership and management courses, etc. as needed
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters
- Partner with internal Compliance team to participate in audits conducted by state or federal agencies such as the OFCCP
- Monitor and provide feedback regarding the use of policies and procedures and propose / draft policies / updates as needed
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management, or comparable discipline, plus a minimum of 5 years of strong, progressive HR generalist experience.
- Professional Human Resources designation, such as SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Federal and State employment laws, Investigation Skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker's compensation.
- Coaching and consulting skills with demonstrated record of problem solving and organizational development diagnosis skills.
- Extensive background as a Generalist, ideally within a diverse operation, LOB’s. Experience in a distribution, manufacturing or industrial setting preferred.
- Multi-tasking skills to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Strong communications skills: interpersonal, oral, and written
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills: ability to analyze data
- Ability to work with all levels of associates and management within the organization.
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines.
- Proven expertise of HR software tools (ie. Workday, Jobvite) and proficiency with MS Office 365, MS TEAMS and other products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. SAP knowledge a plus.
- Human Resource experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, associate relations, associate communications, and leave of absence laws.
- Self-directed and have experience in facilitating meetings, utilizing effective presentation skills.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.