Tracy, CA, United States
Job ID: 39000
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro is opening a new distribution center located in Tracy, California and is looking to hire a Maintenance Supervisor. This a great opportunity help start up a new location and become part of a global company that's been around for 41 years.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of company facilities.
- Estimates labor/materials costs for construction repairs.
- Acts as liaison with outside vendors and suppliers.
- Reviews and estimates design costs, labor, materials and other related costs in facility planning.
- Responsible for developing facilities plans.
- Works with external vendors as necessary.
- Ensures adherence to company facility standards.
- May develop criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment to meet unusual operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Responsible for reviewing, enhancing and suggesting improvements in the organization’s operational efficiency in regard to environmental conscientiousness.
- Researches and suggests improvements in facilities operational efficiencies to support the reduction of natural resource consumption.
- Perform general maintenance and repair duties including light carpentry, basic electrical, HVAC, grounds maintenance, and arranging furniture and partitions.
- Assist employees with internal moves.
- May work with specialized outside contractors.
- May have some formal training in one or more trades.
What you bring to the role:
- Supervises support level employees. Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team.
- Problems faced may be difficult but typically are not complex.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports and stakeholders.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to moderate level of control and review.
- Supervises support level associates (clerks, production associates, technicians) in an organization characterized by high transactions or processes.
- Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team to ensure task completion.
- Assignments are largely established in accordance with schedules and deliverables.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of department processes.
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required. Four-year college degree not required but strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience and 1 year of leadership experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.