QC Inspector (PDC, 2nd shift)
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 38819
Performs random sampling inspections in Receiving, Production, Programming, Picking, Shipping, and Reverse Logistics. Accurately documents all inspection results, non-conformities and re-work.
Major Essential Functions:
- Accountable for daily random inspections in all areas of the distribution center to ensure compliance to customer requirements and specifications. Inspection samples are determined based on the ANSI/ ASQC Z1.4 – 1993 standard.
- Identify and accurately document all inspection, non-conformance and re-work results. Provide accurate, legible and complete documentation.
- Immediately communicate all inspection sample non-conformities to department management for prompt corrective action and re-work.
- Perform ad hoc customer inspections as directed by Quality Control management.
- Ensure compliance with all Inspection procedures.
- Maintain a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times.
- Maintain a strong commitment to quality at all times.
- Maintain respect for all equipment used in the performance of your job.
- Must identify and report problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates Brightpoint’s values: Accomplishment, Integrity, Quality, Learning, Respect, and Community involvement
Minor Essential Function:
- Comply with all safety regulations and requirements, as set forth within the established procedures and standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Remain flexible with regard to job assignments at all times.
- Provide equal contribution to the team.
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/ or business management based on our fluid business needs.
- Assists in operating the facility in a cost effective manner