Business Unit Manager (DC/POS team)
Job ID: 39230
Do you want to grow and face new professional challenges? Ingram Micro is looking for an enthusiastic BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER, who is a sales person with experience in people management and business development in the area of Data Capture and/or POS.
As a member of our team, you will be committed to driving the value proposition of both Ingram’s and also our vendor. In this role you will be responsible for developing strategies to help win, grow and maintain business within an existing customer base along with building a solid pipeline of opportunities within new customers. You will also ensure, that our DC/POS team is working efficiently achieving the business targets.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the activities of our DC/POS team (3
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance and coaching to the team members to ensure productivity and the achievement of quarterly sales and profit objectives.
- Develop strategies to grow the business and knowing how to realize it through operational steps.
- Perform Business development manager tasks within the verticals/ departments for DC/POS and other vendors/suppliers.
- Manage the entire sales process to ensure delivery against key performance metrics, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, while expanding existing accounts.
- Being responsible for support in developing the business opportunities of the respective brand/supplier.
- Being responsible for development of portfolio, products, services and solutions.
- Identifying and resolving issues within the accounts in conjunction with internal sales and support teams.
- Facilitating and driving relationships between the vendor and re-seller to strenghten our position as the distributor of choice. Collaborating with representatives of the vendors in charge of the region.
- Continuous improvement in self-research, learning and readiness on the new Ingram product offerings.
- Being responsible for the achievement of the sales plan.
In order to be successful you will have:
- The ability and motivation to build up a new business, bring on new customers and drive growth.
- Proven experience in people management (leading or mentoring a small team)
- Proven experience and quantifiably results in business development in the field of data capture and POS.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Very good knowledge of English.
- Strong competency in building value proposition and positioning strong proposals.
- Well-developed leadership, coaching, communication and presentation skills.
- Application of a “Can Do Attitude” and ability to be a self-starter.
What’s in it for You:
The opportunity to work for a well branded and profitable international company. You will be joining a dynamic team that enjoys a fast paced environment and getting results on the board. The opportunity for professional development in IT. Supportive management team and company culture.