Section 1: Identifying Information
Sales specialist Dc/Pos
Business unit manager Specialty
Positions reporting to this position
Target team size:
Section 2: Position Summary
Guidelines: Please provide a brief summary of the overall scope of the position.
The role is to sell - primarily by telephone - products, services and solutions to customers, maintaining and improving on revenue and profit, whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer service. Individuals will be assigned a predetermined client base and also expected to look for and develop new accounts and opportunities wherever possible. The role is solution focused and individuals will be expected to develop a strong understanding of the relevant programs, offers, products, services and solutions offered by the Vendors within the portfolio to enable them to provide best in class service and support to their customer base. Individuals will also be required to support and provide cover for other members of the team when needed, in case of absence or to provide specialist knowledge in specific fields when requested.
Section 3: Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Guidelines: List the essential responsibilities, functions and/or activities, provide the supporting actions to describe how the work will be accomplished and provide the desired end results. List the responsibilities in order of importance and the estimated percentage of time for the responsibility (no one responsibility should be greater than 60% of time or less than 10%). The most important responsibility is not necessarily the one where the most amount of time is spent.
The job is telephone based. There are tasks that are completed through E-commerce/EDI and E-mail as well as a high percentage of telephone work at workstations. Working to exceptional standards of quality, efficiency and productivity is essential to providing a good customer service and is a key part of the role; as are a solid commercial understanding, the ability to understand the key technical aspects of products and solutions to enable basic solution design and the ability to understand and adhere to complex systems and processes.
Major Responsibility: Receive incoming customer calls in line with required service levels
- Provide information on solutions, availability, discontinuation & special offers
- Provide pricing and quotations to customers
- Taking customer orders
- Re-direct other inquiries appropriately to other IM BE departments
Major Responsibility:Initiate outgoing sales calls to maintain and increase the value of managed accounts
- Building, maintaining and developing relationships with customers.
- Advising customers of additional products and services which fit their business needs
Major Responsibility:Participate in activities which improve service levels internally and externally
- Maintain and improve product & market knowledge
- Competent and effective operation of the computer systems and telephone systems
- Training initiatives to increase knowledge and skills.
- Pipeline management
- Provide support/assistance to team members in coaching junior members, primarily in product and systems knowledge.
- Provide occasional support to Team Manager in ad hoc projects
Section 4: Decision Making Authority Level
Guidelines: Describe the authority held by the position by listing the main decisions that the position is free to make and explain the decisions that depend on the position’s advice.
Decisions free to make:
Pricing (within guidelines)
Stock reservations (within guidelines)
Conflict/issue resolution (within guidelines)
Section 5: Scope/Dimensions
Guidelines: List the main quantitative measures that define the size and scope of the position (headcount, budget, profit dollar target).
NB: Below to be split by required and preferred as per the needs of the specific BU.
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times
- Develop a good understanding of their customer base including their Customers’ business model, structure, goals and objectives
- Develop exceptional business relationships at all levels of their Customers’ organisations
- Have a strong commercial awareness of the needs of Customers, Vendors and Ingram Micro
- Design and deliver account growth plans
- Achieve and exceed specific targets in line with business expectations
- Manage and understand their sales pipeline to enable accurate forecasting and business planning
- Understand Ingram Micro’s Value proposition, business model, service offerings and USPs in relation to their competition and their competition’s offerings and be able to explain and position them appropriately to their Customers
- Understand Ingram Micro’s Vendor’s proposition, business model, service offerings and USPs in relation to their competition and their competition’s offerings and be able to explain and position them appropriately to their Customers
- Understand and apply Ingram Micro and its Vendors systems, programs and processes
- Work closely and collaboratively with other business units
- Have the drive and motivation to proactively develop their own skills to enable their own development as part of a specific Individual Development Plan
- Develop suitable Vendor accreditations as required/available
- Become a Trusted Advisor for both internal and external customers in matters relating to their field(s) of expertise
Section 6: Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Guidelines: Provide the education, experience, skills and competencies necessary to perform the position.
Knowledge, Skills or Experience Required
- Previous experience in a sales environment at a medium-ranking internal sales level with a proven track record of success. Understanding of appropriate products, solutions and markets an advantage
- GCSE / O’Level / relevant NVQ / or equivalent in Maths and English required, A-levels, GNVQ or equivalent desirable
- PC Literate – working knowledge of Office Suite or equivalent windows based software
Section 7: IM Competencies
Guidelines: Provide the IM Competencies necessary to perform the position.
- Articulate, with a high standard of verbal clarity at all levels
- Skilled at establishing rapport verbally with customer
- Build networks internally with other departments
- Strong questioning and listening skills
- Able to consistently work towards and meet/exceed daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets on a wide range of performance measures
- Self-motivated and resilient, able to handle rejection
- Will take the initiative and use appropriate judgement in a crisis situation
Work under Pressure
- Able to work speedily without compromising quality
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Able to prioritise workload
- Ensures personal objectives are in harmony with team and corporate objectives
- Works within team to maintain and improve strong working relationships which facilitate the highest standards of customer service and productivity
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Effective time management, balancing reactive and proactive activities in a high volume environment
- Able to react and respond quickly to requests for pricing quotations maintaining margin and revenue standards throughout
- The ability to solve problems and to design and implement solutions to a variety of different challenges and issues
- The ability to understand and implement multiple complex processes
- Deals effectively with confrontation and aims to secure a win/win outcome
- Uses persuading and influencing skills to overcome objections and present value added propositions.
- Focused on providing solutions to internal and external customers
- Adds value to the customer by using all industry knowledge to support the customer needs
- Displays a “Customer First” attitude at all times
Section 8: Other Information
Guidelines: Indicate any information that would be helpful in understanding the nature, scope or purpose of the position, or any unusual or hazardous conditions associated with performing the position.
- Internal: Credit, Customer Support, Business Management, Purchasing, Other Sales
- External: Customers, Vendors