Tier II Desktop Site Support
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 39794
Description The Site Support Technician will provide level 1 and level 2 IT support to end users and enable Moves, Adds and Changes in a warehouse/logistics environment. The Technician will maintain operating efficiency by working with end users and provide support service as needed.
INGRAM MICRO FACTS:
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Ingram Micro does $47 Billion in revenue
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
- PC/Laptop repair/troubleshoot
- Imaging PC/LT
- Basic network and server knowledge to assist in troubleshooting and repairs (replace bad disk drive, replace memory, restart server),
- Familiar with Active Directory for Windows servers
- Operate scissors lift, RF gun operation and replacement.
Additional Job Summary:
- Responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of all IS solutions at supported Office, facility, as well as remote users.
- Experience configuring and putting together network components and connecting to servers with knowledge of network security, as well as, server configuration and deployment experience.
- Working knowledge of basic, intermediate, and advanced desktop/PC, server and network troubleshooting.
- Analyze computer issues and quickly develop the best course of action.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office365, Windows 7 & 10, Server 2008/2012 and good knowledge of networking with hands-on experience.
- Assist remotely to support other facilities within the US and Internationally. IS solutions supported include (but not limited to) network appliances, wireless devices, telephony equipment and integration, mobile devices, radio frequency guns, desktop hardware, software and related peripherals.
- Minimum: High School Diploma; prefer Associate Degree or Certification
- 3+ years experience in IT
- Ability/knowledge to talk to customers at multiple levels/all areas of the business to formulate business integration plans.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in local language of site
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law