Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $47 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
This role will serve as a senior US IT Applications lead for the United States core distribution business. The position is accountable for the development, delivery and support of applications used by all Ingram Micro US associates and partners. This position reports directly to the VP & CIO US Information Technology.
This is a leadership role in which a person will lead teams focused on our US business applications development, selection and deployment. The individual will need to work cross functionally and be able to act as a leader driving digital solutions working closely with the business stakeholders. He/She will be a behavior change agent for the IT team and the organization. The director of US Application Services must have the ability to influence senior leadership and drive the execution of the US strategy to deliver solutions that enable prioritized business objectives.
The Director of US Application Services should ensure that new initiatives will adhere to defined architectural requirements and methodologies, while planning and guiding the evolution of Ingram Micro’s US Applications to support the requirements of new standards, methods and business requirements. He/she will continuously innovate and evolve the efficiency of the department, make sure services provided align with business and technology trends, actively seek out new methodologies and new approaches, while at the same time standardizing and refining policies, process and procedures. This includes recommendations on investments with financial analysis.
The Director of US Application Services is responsible for hiring, salary decisions, performance reviews, discipline, promoting and training of direct reports and teams. He/she is accountable for managing the budget of his/her department.
End Results: In tight collaboration with IT partners and business stakeholders, software application projects and services are prioritized and are delivered within the budget, scope and targeted delivery needs of the business.
- Responsible for the full systems life cycle management of IT business applications for one or more business areas in the US Ingram Micro operations
- Responsible for multiple IT development and functional teams pertaining to Application Development, EDI Partner Engagement / deployments, NA Financials, Acquisition Integration, Supply Chain, Customer Facing eCommerce and Business Intelligence/Analytics.
- Actively participates in long-range strategy planning and ensures policies, procedures, and processes are in place to support complex business needs.
- Accountable for US application budgets and plan. Ensures Financial demands / requests can meet with the overall objectives for the organization
- Responsible for the governance of all US application project demand to ensure policies and process is being followed
- Accountable for priority setting with US Leadership team to ensure project demands are fulfilled
- Serves as the primary point of contact from engagement, project/program inception to delivery
- Provides leadership to cross-functional teams and direction to technical and business resources
- Responsible for directing project management, applications development, package selection, implementation, and on-going operational support and maintenance of applications to support business objectives
- Accountable for effectively working, managing, and leading internal associates, external contractors, large teams of off-shore developers and working effectively with Ingram Micro business leaders including senior and executive management
- Focus on quality systems and process improvement driving continuous improvement objectives and more efficient operations as scale
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. MS Degree in Computer Science a plus
- Certifications for Six Sigma, ITIL, PMP or other quality systems a plus
- 15+ years of IT and business/industry work experience
- Executive/senior level manager with 7+ years of demonstrated experience in managing IT applications, supply chain and operations of similar or greater size/complexity/business criticality.
- Demonstrated high competency in the execution of multiple large projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated competency in multiple application domains (ERP, Custom Developed, Supply Chain, eComm etc)
- Broad experience in supporting multiple business functional requirements (Finance, Supply Chain, Sales etc)
- Experience leading large agile software development teams in .Net and Java
- Experience leading B2B and eCommerce initiatives (EDI, XML, RossettaNet)
- Experience implementing ERP Systems (SAP and/or Oracle)
- Experience leading data warehouse, reporting and analytics solution delivery
- Experience with software quality techniques and automated testing approaches
- Experience with multiple development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall etc)
- Demonstrated success leading multiple cross-functional teams required
- Experience working in highly matrixed organization with cross functional dependency
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills required
- Experience in managing to consensus with teams and stakeholders (prioritization, budget, requirements)
- Strong communication skills including experience working with senior executive management to effect change
- Must have international and remote team management experience
- Consumer driven, and has experience testing concepts and solutions with business partners
- A strong leader and change agent who can energize and influence
- Demonstrates a good understanding of both application development as well as sourcing packaged software
- Team player, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including the ability to identify and develop talent
* Position may require occasional travel.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.