Operations Supervisor (1st Shift 6AM-5PM M-F) - Plainfield, IN
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 39976
Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.Position Summary:Administers and operates the organization's warehouse, including processing, shipping, packaging and storage of supplies, materials and equipment. Oversees storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures. Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space. Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of associates, facilities and equipment.What you bring to the role:
Position Requirements:Bachelor's Degree preferred or High School Diploma and minimum of 5 years experience in shipping, warehousing & logistics including a minimum of 1-3 years of leadership experience.*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Supervises logistic associates and sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team.
- Problems faced may be difficult but typically are not complex. Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports and stakeholders.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to moderate level of control and review.
- Assignments are largely established in accordance with schedules and deliverables.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines.
- Can make exceptions to some but not all processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of department processes. Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel.