Operations Administrative Assistant
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 39375
Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Perform administrative duties for an individual, group, or department.
- This person will report to the Director of Operations for our ITAD distribution center.
- May work for one or several department professionals, division heads, officers, or managers.
- Activities include a variety of secretarial and administrative duties such as: travel arrangements, calendar maintenance/scheduling, departmental reporting, presentation preparation, meeting coordination, report preparation, meeting minutes and correspondence, etc.
- Create and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Manage schedules, arrange appointments and itineraries. Coordinate meetings, travel, conference calls, and complete expense reports. Answer and transfer phone calls.
- Remain knowledgeable of business unit policies.
- Make contacts of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature.
- Coordinate activities between departments and outside parties.
- Performs general tasks and completes routine,
- Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Established and productive individual contributor.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Problems faced are typically routine, but may at times require interpretation or deviation from standard procedures.
- Communicates information that requires explanation or interpretation.
- Provides administrative or technical support at an intermediate level.
- Still gaining or have attained full proficiency in their specific area of discipline.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 2 year degree preferred.
- 3 years of general experience or 2 years functional experience in an industrial setting.