Business Development Manager
Job ID: 40111
IaaS Business Development Manager (Development)
Business Managers, Ingram Associates on all levels, and Customers.
SCOPE & PURPOSE:
- The role of Business Development Manager (BDM) is a subject matter expert on the Ingram Micro Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) value proposition and manager of a sub-set of partners supporting them to drive business growth.
- This role is focused on developing our small to mid-sized channel partners.
- The role is part of the IaaS sales within the Ingram Micro Cloud business unit.
- Ensures decisions are in line with company metrics, supporting data to build long term mutually profitable relationships
- Ability to evaluate and understand and respond accordingly without delay
- Customer first approach at all times and proactively takes corrective measures to improve service delivery
- Thinking macro in identifying business opportunities and refer for broader business outcomes
Communication and Collaboration
- Collaborates with other departments and is comfortable having honest conversations to turn difficult decisions into business benefits
- Empowers team members to improve the quality and pace of work to meet customer expectations
- Willingly learns from other team members to enhance the overall performance of the team whilst proactively sharing knowledge
Influence and relationship building
- Can successfully work in high demand diverse team environment and deliver to customers
- Ability to adapt between micro and macro thinking and identify the needs of the customers
- Successfully navigating through matters of complexity for best outcomes - drive continuous improvement mindset toward sales
- Ability to quickly identify patterns and trends along with what is missing to generate effective solutions to address any gaps
- Ensure the solutions provide a positive customer experience are profitable, cost effective and maximising sales
- Is willing to consider new ways of working and try other people's ideas as well as their own
Planning and Organising
- Ensuring that there is a positive customer experience that is cost effective and maximising productivity time
- Ability to review current workload and prioritise accordingly
- Works to ensure tasks and activities are complete efficiently and effectively for internal and external stakeholders
- Works to build a strong relationship with the vendor and ensure that communication is efficient and effective for internal and external stakeholders
- Give clear communication to the vendor and other colleagues on expectation to drive sales
- Understand the product offering and proactively advocate
CONDUCT & BEHAVIOUR
- Where appropriate to do so, take pro-active and decisive corrective action within perceived scope of influence
- Actively demonstrate the Ingram Micro IAAS solutions
- Take and accept accountability for results
PRINCIPAL TASKS OF JOB / CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management and ownership for development of our top mid-range partners & remote management of our smaller low touch partners.
- Managing partner opportunities developed independently, supporting the wider IMCS and IM sales team and ongoing marketing activities.
- Management and ownership of the join business plan within both top partners, covering sales & marketing activities and skill development.
- Ownership for managing, updating and reporting on full business pipeline.
- Working with marketing to design, launch and run campaigns within smaller low touch partners to raise awareness and update on our full proposition.
- Working with the vendor sales teams to develop skills and relationships
- Supporting the wider business unit team of Business Manager & Product Manager
- Proven skills to operate in a large matrix business
- Problem-solving skills, conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent oral, written and listening skills
- An ability to influence across multiple department
- Ability to cross sell and across multiple levels
- Demonstrated initiative to work independently and with teams interchangeably.
- Ability to maximise profitability on any opportunity
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and behaviours expected of this role.
The company reserves the right to amend or delete with or without notice in line with change in business needs
E = Essential
D = Desirable
- Proficient in English (Spoken and Written)
- Conversant in Technical English
- Knowledge and experience of working across cultural boundaries
- Understanding of Ingram Micro business
- Understanding of products and services
- Cyber Security and cloud knowledge
E = Essential
D = Desirable
- Full NL driving license B
- Sales or business development