Business Unit Finance Manager
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 39621
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $52 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
Contribute to the development of financial strategies for a division or operating unit that align with the organization's overall vision and its current and long-term business objectives. Partner with functional department management as the financial liaison between Finance and the functional department.
Activities may include:
- Participate in the annual and strategic planning process which shall include developing revenue, margin, operating expense, headcount and capital expenditure budgets for the organization
- Provide expertise and advice to managers to help them develop budgets, forecast, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities
- Financial analysis and reporting; inventory and costs control; and budgeting and forecasting.
- Present findings and recommendations to top executives
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and providing recommendations on behalf of the organization
- Perform financing modeling and forecasting of current or proposed business opportunities
- Manage financial planning and analysis activities to identify risks and opportunities and contribute to the achievement of the organization's short and long-term financial goals
- Manage the most complex, large, or difficult analysis projects; evaluate findings, prepare reports and make recommendations to senior management about the financial implications of proposed investments and transactions
- Analyze and forecast financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Performing P&L and ROWC review and analysis
- Train and educate other team members or functional department management on financial metrics and concepts
What you bring to the role:
- Recognized subject matter expert with specialized knowledge in the function.
- Manages large projects or processes.
- Limited oversight from manager.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of advanced complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
- May be the in-house expert on specific technologies or within the job function area.
- Complete understanding and wide application of advanced technical principles, theories and concepts in a specialized field.
- Possess broad knowledge of professional field and other related functions.
- Goals are provided to the incumbent in form of desired results.
- Determines and develops approach to solve functional area related issues.
- Possess the strongest of skills acquired through advanced training, study and experience.
- Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum 8 years functional experience including a minimum of 5 years position specific experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.