Information Systems Manager
Chester, United Kingdom
Job ID: 37975
The Information Systems / IT Manager will take responsibility for delivering technology, business platforms and security to meet the business strategy. The successful individual will need to be well organised and able to understand and prioritise the varying demands from teams across Comms-care and our parent company, Ingram Micro.
The role has 2 core areas of focus:
- Business Platforms – As a growing organisation, Comms-care is continually evolving our business systems to be at the forefront of technology. You will need to lead that strategy, identifying the business requirements, shortlisting vendors, along with managing the rollout and integration of the solutions.
- Security and Business Continuity – Comms-care holds 5 ISO certifications which are one of the keys to our success as a channel-only services partner. You will own and maintain the Security and Business Continuity certifications, ensuring that the policies and processes are fit for purpose and that as an organisation, Comms-care is exceeding those requirements
Salary: £35,000 - 45,000 dependent on experience
- 23 days holiday, exclusive of bank holidays, increasing with service
- Contributory pension scheme along with health care plans
- Free parking
Location: Ideally based at Comms-care HQ (Northwich, Cheshire) however applications will be considered UK wide (with regular travel to Northwich when required).
Comms-care is a leading channel-only provider of IT support and service solutions. We assist over 850 channel partners and support over 30,000 active service contracts. Comms-care has extensive in-house technical resource, and its 15 years of channel experience coupled with a customer care philosophy of "go-the-extra-mile" results in reduced costs, improved service and greater operational efficiency across our reseller partners’ end-user customers' businesses.
What will you be doing?
- Build and maintain the internal IT and business platform strategy
- Identify and lead projects to deliver new systems and add new functionality to existing systems
- Provide guidance and support to internal teams on matters of IT, security, business continuity and data protection
- Manage and maintain Comms-care ISO27001 and ISO22301 certifications and ensure alignment with global policies
- Act as the Data Protection Lead, supporting data protection and subject access requests
- Carry out monitoring and internal audits related to ISO27001 and ISO22301
- Act is the interface point between Comms-care and the Ingram Micro global systems and security teams
- Manage interaction with 3rd party software vendors
What we are looking for
- Foundational technical understanding of IT systems and solutions
- An interest in IT Security
- A successful track record of leading IT strategies and delivering IT solution projects
- Direct input into maintaining an ISO27001 certification
- Experience of working within an IT services organisation
Other skills that will help you in the role
- Understanding of GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 and the required processes
- Technical IT Certifications (e.g. Microsoft, Cisco)
- ISO27001 Lead Auditor
- Proficient in English (Spoken and Written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Make an application to join the team
Our team is as much about our people as it is our customers and business partners. We want associates with a strong desire to succeed. We offer a competitive base, bonus and benefits package.