Ingram Micro is changing how business is done in the cloud. Ingram Micro Cloud is a master cloud service provider (mCSP), offering channel partners and professionals access to a global marketplace, expertise, solutions and enablement programs that empower organizations to configure, provision and manage cloud technologies with confidence and ease.
The Pre/post Sales Professional has overall responsibility for achieving the sales and profit targets for multiple strategic, specialized cloud IaaS vendors (Microsoft Azure) and for creating the highest return for both Ingram Micro Cloud and the vendor. This role will be accountable for managing the day-to-day and strategic operations of the assigned vendor portfolio, including the management of their cloud offering, budgeting and planning, and implementation of the different incentive channel activities liaising with the Vendor Marketing and Cloud Operations teams. Of specific responsibility, is the maintenance, renewal and application of the terms and conditions, and beneficial outcomes of the contract with vendors including rebates & co-op dollars, special partner pricing and promo collections.
Pre/Post Sales: Manages pre-sale and/or post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
Establishes and maintains lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations for product reliability.
Works with marketing and product managers to define new products and may provide insight from the field back to these groups.
Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
What you bring to the role: Established and productive professional individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult and may be complex. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices. Works on moderate to complex projects. Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Receives moderate level of guidance. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy. General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
Job Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant additional experience in related field.
- 5+ years of product management or vendor relationship experience required
- 2+ years of cloud solutions (PaaS, IaaS) or software preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the IT industry, the cloud landscape, distribution, and Ingram Micro’s role in each
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform and partner programs
- Proven track record in business development, managing partnerships, and delivering against ambitious targets
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving agility, proven multi-tasking skills while managing tight deadlines
- Proven capabilities in sales negotiations
- Bilingual: Spanish - English
- Completion of Microsoft Azure AZ 900 certification will be considered an asset
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.