Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day and with $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates worldwide
Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
We’re expanding our footprint around the world and we’d love to expand it with you!!
Are you a charismatic & highly-skilled technology professional who is comfortable holding court with CxO-level decision-makers? Are you looking to work within an organization of like-minded professionals who appreciate the value of knowledge, experience, wisdom and influence? Does the concept of counselling business leaders on how to build & enhance their application-delivery practice sound exciting? If so, then this role might be right for you!Our Ideal candidate:
Should have a proven track record of successfully selling F5 solutions.
They should have a working understanding of F5 solutions and be able to do the following:
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Confer with customers to assess business and technical requirements and collaborate with sales teams to understand customer landscape and provide technical sales advisement
- Plan and design solutions to meet customer needs/requirements and align solution with existing customer initiatives and infrastructure
- Recommend and explain proposed solutions and benefits to customers
- Understand market awareness that differentiates industry solutions (Security, Cloud, ADC)
Should hold basic network credentials (e.g., CompTIA A+ or Network+ certifications, or equivalent hands-on experience); Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent a plus.
Experience / familiarity with automation tools (e.g., Red Hat Ansible, HashiCorp Terraform); and Public Cloud (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP).
Should be comfortable positioning the WHY rather than the HOW. The candidate will be expected to get certified in the F5-CA (101 + 201 or 202), which results in a Certified Technical Professional certification.
Additional experience a plus in: NGINX (i.e., web server platform running Linux base-code that runs in containers – like Docker or Red Hat OpenShift); Cyber Security; Volterra, an F5 acquisition that offers Edge 2.0 computing; Understanding command-line driven, lightweight microservices running on-premise or in the cloud.
This Technology Consultant role is a field-based sales and technical role with focus on reseller/partners and is part of the sales organization.
The TC’s primary responsibility is to support the sales team with technical skills and provide technical knowledge around F5 solutions to our customers.
To be effective, a TC needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge on both F5 products and the “eco-system” that F5 works in. Fear not, we provide training and certification to keep abreast with these critical skills!
The Technology Consultant provides strategic consulting, technology enablement, training and education to reseller business customers – with a goal of growing their sales of F5 products, technologies and services with Ingram at a faster rate.
Location: Field. Any city, as long as you are near a major airport.
Familiarity / experience with F5 or similar industry solution deployment a plus.
- To build reseller and vendor relationships and gain trusted adviser status for transparent collaboration and planning of business needs.
- Educating partners on best in class IT solutions to facilitate the building of practices in areas of focus.
- Help raise the technical proficiency of the customer to win more business through sound product and technical focus and market relevance.
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders by a great understanding of partner sales organizations
- Proactively present information on new and emerging products, technologies and services to help reseller partners to capitalize on new market opportunities and increase end-user reach and loyalty.
- Effectively articulate benefits of technologies, products and services over “speeds and feeds.”
- Ability and interest in creating a variety of digital assets in the form of webinars, videos, podcasts, resource guides, white papers, case studies, toolkits, and more
- Play a larger role consulting internally for the company and act as a subject matter expert, lending support to executive management for supporting or validating strategic initiatives
- Executes MBOs on a quarterly basis that are tightly aligned to strategic vendor management and sales objectives.
- Travel up to 70% (potentially including international travel)
- Location: Field. USA coverage. Needs to be near a major airport. Desirable to be based out of a major metropolitan area.
What you bring to the role:
- Experience with network infrastructure technologies, data center / cloud computing architectures, and how technology components interact at each layer of the OSI model.
- Detailed understanding of Web Protocols (HTTP(s), HTTP2) and understanding transport layer encryption technologies (TLS, SSL)
- Experience in one or more public and private cloud environments
- Experience with automation and orchestration
- Familiarity with conversion of legacy software applications into microservice-based architectures
- Experience with one of more of the following: L4/L7 Denial of Service threats, application security trends, application layer authentication and authorization technologies, automated threat detection and mitigation, and API Security concepts.
- If you have this and an understanding of the distributor-reseller dynamic – YOU SHOULD APPLY!
- Do you love training, public speaking, strategic road-mapping, working cross-functionally and presenting your technology thought leadership with larger audiences? Then we would love to talk to you!!
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years directly-related experience
- Or high school grad (or equivalent) with a minimum of 9 years directly-related experience
- Or 5 years Ingram experience in a technical capacity
- And relevant professional level industry certifications
- *Years’ experience to include technical channel development. Reseller education and enablement in Mid-range & Enterprise technology solutions for enterprise storage, data center, communications, networking, or cyber security.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.