Are you a charismatic & highly-skilled cyber-security technology professional who is comfortable holding court with CxO-level decision-makers? Are you looking to work within an organization of like-minded professionals who appreciate the value of knowledge, experience, wisdom and influence? Does the concept of counselling business leaders on how to build & enhance their cyber security practice sound exciting? If so, then this role might be right for you!
The Technology Consultant provides strategic consulting, technology enablement, training and education to reseller business customers – with a goal of growing their sales of cyber-security products, technologies and services with Ingram at a faster rate.
This particular Technology Consultant role is focused on cyber security solutions and covers the USA as a territory. Location:
Field / any city, as long as you are near a major airport.
Advanced industry certifications in cyber security desired (e.g., CompTIA Sec+; CISSP; Advanced Vendor Certifications, etc.).
Why join us?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day and with $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates worldwide. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future. We’re expanding our footprint around the world and we’d love to expand it with you!!
- To build reseller and vendor relationships and gain trusted adviser status for transparent collaboration and planning of business needs.
- Educating partners on best in class IT solutions to facilitate the building of practices in areas of focus.
- Help raise the technical proficiency of the customer to win more business through sound product and technical focus and market relevance.
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders by a great understanding of partner sales organizations
- Proactively present information on new and emerging products, technologies and services to help reseller partners to capitalize on new market opportunities and increase end-user reach and loyalty.
- Effectively articulate benefits of technologies, products and services over “speeds and feeds.”
- Ability and interest in creating a variety of digital assets in the form of webinars, videos, podcasts, resource guides, white papers, case studies, toolkits, and more
- Play a larger role consulting internally for the company and act as a subject matter expert, lending support to executive management for supporting or validating strategic initiatives
- Executes MBOs on a quarterly basis that are tightly aligned to strategic vendor management and sales objectives.
- Travel up to 70% (potentially including international travel)
- Location: Field. USA coverage. Needs to be near a major airport. Desirable to be based out of a major metropolitan area.
What you bring to the role:
- Strong knowledge and an understanding of the security industry
- Extensive experience in cyber security concepts, technologies, products, services & solutions
- Familiarity with the categories & (many of the) vendors listed on Ingram's https://www.securitylinecard.com/ site
- Familiarity with the US Government's NIST Cyber Security Framework
- If you have this and an understanding of the distributor-reseller dynamic – YOU SHOULD APPLY!
- Do you love training, public speaking, strategic road-mapping, working cross-functionally and presenting your technology thought leadership with larger audiences? Then we would love to talk to you!!
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years directly-related experience
- Or high school grad (or equivalent) with a minimum of 9 years directly-related experience
- Or 5 years Ingram experience in a technical capacity
- And relevant professional level industry certifications
- *Years’ experience to include technical channel development. Reseller education and enablement in Mid-range & Enterprise technology solutions for enterprise storage, data center, communications, networking, or cyber security.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.