Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Benefits of Working For Ingram Micro!
- Exposure to state of the art, automation resources
- Medical insurance is available the first week of employment.
- 401K vests upon hire, with no waiting period.
- Employee purchase program, discounts for name brand phones, TVs, desktops and more!
- Food catered every Friday!
- Food trucks onsite, everyday
Must be a current U.S. citizen or not require sponsorship. Ingram Micro is looking to hire 2 Transportation Analysts to help with recent growth. Come join a company voted one of the best places to work for in the Buffalo area!
- Develop a thorough understanding of the analytical needs of transportation management and utilize departmental resources effectively to drive initiatives from inception to completion.
- Monitor, manage and implement systems and processes which will drive best practice in the execution of Transportation strategy within JDA TMS and ERP.
- A primary focus be maintaining carrier rates, transits, and availability to allow for accurate systemic accrual, invoicing and analysis.
- The role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross functionally and communicate effectively with all levels of the company in an exciting fast paced environment.
- Recognize potential process improvements and driving initiatives with assistance if needed.
- Develop, automate and publish reports as assigned by management, using data from a variety of sources.
- Document automated reporting projects and transition to team members, where appropriate.
- Develop and generate ad-hoc and periodic reports with assistance and perform analysis of the data produced.
JDA TM Database Maintenance:
- Translate carrier rate cards into JDA TMS
- Maintain transits, lanes, geographies, restrictions, etc
- Build, test and create uploads utilizing repeatable processes
Represent Transportation interests and be able to articulate functionality of the JDA TMS System which includes:
- Understanding contract and tariff application
- Tariff design and configuration
- Customer setup and maintenance
- Requesting customer profiles and updating cost models accordingly
Point of Contact for System related TMS issues:
- Ability to diagnose and solve user related issues
- Work closely with IT, JDA and Systems Team to resolve system failures
- Manage enhancement requests, continuing education, documentation for all systems upgrades and enhancements
Analyze, Report and Address System Performance:
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly reviews, updates and analyses of current operational and costing metrics
- Identifying rating problems and initiating resolutions to ensure correct invoicing
- Participate in business analysis/design/construction phase of priority project that leads to writing functional specifications
- Using Modeler and TMS, identify additional cost savings opportunities, document these opportunities and work with Ingram Micro Divisions to complete cost and/or transit improvement plans
- Conduct scenario testing using Modeler for future state opportunities
BA/BS degree desired, preferably in one of the disciplines of Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics and/or Transportation.
- 1+ years of Transportation, TMS and Supply Chain experience required
- Experience with JDA TMS, including tariff design and configuration desired
- Existing certification as JDA TM/TP User and JDA Modeler desired
- Knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel) including writing macros, developing complex formulas, using advanced functions such as pivot tables, lookups, taking advantage of shortcuts to expedite completion.
- Advanced database (Access) knowledge, including all types of queries, generating forms, macros, writing advanced formulas, manipulating code, and creating "push button" reporting.
- Understanding of Magellan (overall understanding of structure, where to locate data, knowledge of deficiencies).
- Skill in data collection, interpretation and research techniques.
- Must be able to prioritize and successfully complete multiple assigned projects within established timelines, define and develop project scope (timeline, steps, and deliverables) and perform administrative tasks as required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written/verbal communication.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.