Data Security & Privacy Program Manager (Principal, information Security)
This job posting is no longer active.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job ID: 40436
Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a startup but the stability of a large, established company? Are you seeking the autonomy to take risks, make decisions and drive business success? Do you want to accelerate your career to the next level?
Ingram Micro is seeking a Data Security & Privacy Program Manager (Principal, information Security) - This is a 14-month contract opportunity covering a leave.
The Manager will focus on supporting and securing our infinite ecosystem by maintaining a program for secure data processing. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and managing data security & privacy governance program that works with pre-sales and post-sales teams to support onboarding of customers through data processing agreement negotiation ensuring ongoing compliance with global data protection and cybersecurity.
Ingram Micro’s mission is to help businesses fully realize the promise of technology. Touching 80% of the technology used every day around the world, no other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world. With almost $50 billion annual revenue in 50+ countries and 32,000+ associates worldwide, Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud, and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in the digital economy.
- Serve as the point of contact for all data security and privacy-related requests
- Oversee and complete data security and privacy agreement reviews liaising with internal teams and negotiating with external customers as part of pre- & post-sales activities
- Maintain records of all data processing in our environments
- Conduct regular assessments and audits to ensure compliance by internal and managed services teams to data security and privacy requirements
- Participate in meetings with clients and executive leadership to review data security and privacy posture for applicable environments
- Support the Chief Privacy Officer in implementing global data protection initiatives within Ingram Micro Cloud
This position is perfect if you have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in customer-facing environments
- Experience creating and reviewing legal agreements
- Experience with management and maintenance of compliance programs such as GDPR, PCI-DSS, ISO27001
- Operational experience with security and data protection
- Experience with developing metrics to report on security and privacy compliance performance
- Experience monitoring and reporting on required corrective action plans relating to security and/or privacy compliance issues, audit deficiencies, or observations
- Self-directed individual with the ability to learn quickly and work with a broad range of internal stakeholders across multiple departments, business units, and countries
- Experience with or exposure to global data protection regimes and compliance requirements or a demonstrated ability to learn such areas quickly
- Demonstrated ability to draft, review and amend contracts with strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to ramp-up quickly in new environments and teams
- Participating in 3rd-party risk assessments
- Ability to adapt to conflicting ad hoc deadlines and priorities and deadline demands by controlling the daily management of multiple simultaneous workload requests
- Minimum of 5 years cumulative hands-on security, privacy, and compliance experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to customize messages for a variety of internal and external audiences. The candidate must be able to correspond in a professional manner with business personnel and internal customers. English proficiency is a must, plus additional language skills in German, French, or Spanish is preferred. Knowledge of legislative frameworks related to data privacy and data security
- Experience with established and/or emerging compliance programs preferred (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, LGPD)
- Working knowledge of technology platforms and data flows, including cloud services
Nice to have:
- Professional certifications in the security, privacy, risk management, and audit areas highly desirable, such as CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CISA, PCIP, CIPP
- Working knowledge of Cloud-hosted services (IAAS/PAAS/SAAS/XAAS) and their impact on data security and privacy
- Experience working with managed services clients
Due to COVID-19, our office associates are currently working from home. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.