The PROFESSIONAL, BUSINESS SYSTEMS (RDA Technology Support) role is responsible for eliciting, validating and documenting Technology & User support requirements for development of Reporting & Data Analytics solutions (apps, bots, macros, BPMS, etc.).
This includes process immersion and audits, process documentation, gap analysis, communication with project stakeholders, UAT support, status reporting, risk management, escalation of project issues that cannot be resolved in the team, and general project support to ensure projects are delivered in budget, on schedule, and within scope.
Reports to: Manager, Software Development
Department: Digitization & Application
Supports: GBS RDA Applications
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS MANAGEMENT
End Results: 80% of identified/evaluated business requirements are documented within SLA
- Gather, validate, clarify and document requirements.
- Prioritize requirements into functional areas.
- Analyze, map AS-IS and create TO-BE user processes in detail, describing involved systems and files.
- Manage and own requirements to understand the change process and traceability.
- Evaluate, identify, frame and structure underlying needs from explicit user requests.
- Abstract from particular issues to a more general understanding. Investigate facts and additional information, aggregate, enhance and prioritize requirements.
- Reconcile conflicting requirements, break down high-level information into constituent details.
- Identify all relevant process exceptions and potential risks/challenges related to the implementation and arrive at the best possible solution for the client.
- Thoroughly evaluate operating environment, document keystroke level detail, identify and document exceptions and document escalation instances and processes.
- Obtain sign-offs on BRDs and specifications. Facilitate work estimation and sizing for requirements
End Results: 90% of project risks are addressed proactively
- Serves as liaison between Project Teams and Business Owners to ensure that all targets are met.
- Participate in on-going project review meetings.
- Ensure that tasks remain on schedule and within budget.
- Focus on operational excellence, execution, and prioritizes tasks effectively.
- Monitor tasks deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members.
- Identify and escalate gaps and ensure gaps are rectified in compliance with requirements.
- Remain aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate any risks.
- Disseminate information on any problems or potential delays and escalates issues to management attention.
- Prepare reports of project progress, known issues and daily activities against the project plan or schedule.
SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT AND IS TEAMS
End Results: 95% of correctly documented and approved requirements
- Support solution deployment. Provide L1 to L2 support to customers, developers and other analysts.
- Coordinate the installation of new releases and patches in cooperation with GIS.
- Validate POC and beta versions with stakeholder groups. Work with the business units and configure the solutions.
- Basic robot monitoring and auditing.
- Record and playback actions, read system logs and in general control the agreed performance of the bots.
- Deliver input for Delivery and Test Teams and represent the Business Owners throughout the development process.
- Be proactive in ensuring that Delivery and Test Teams understand the requirements by initiating clarification sessions where needed.
LEAD UAT & DEVELOP TRAININGS
End Results: 90% of requirements/approved projects are tested; 5% of bugs discovered after UAT phase is resolved
- Ensures requirements are operational exactly as documented.
- Register, solve and coordinate issues and tickets filed by the users.
- Develop test scenarios based on approved documentation to ensure comprehensive suite of functionality is tested.
- Review test plans and test scripts to guarantee quality and coverage of testing.
- Participate in IS testing for assigned area. Plan and leads UAT logistics.
- Escalate gaps and ensure they are rectified in compliance with requirements.
End Results: 70% customer satisfaction score/Stakeholder NPS
Percentage: 25%Decisions free to make:
- Regular Day to day activities
- Gathering and documentation of information
- Discussions with stakeholders
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
• B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, Business, or in a related field
• Minimum 3 years functional experience in Production Support: Technical Analysis & Resolution Management
• At least 1 year experience specific Production Support for BI Technologies.
• Ability to make strong contribution to processes and systems design & deployment.
• Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Previous experience as Production Support/Technical Consultant for Enterprise BI Technologies
Intermediate Experience in IT Service Management
Intermediate knowledge in Data Management & Integration – SQL; AWS
Intermediate knowledge in BPM and Data Reporting Technology Administration – Qlik; VBA; Celonis.
Good knowledge and understanding of business, technological and competitive trends.
General understanding of technical, cost, risk and business implications of potential decisions on other projects and client needs and incorporates these into recommendations