Associate Professional, Infrastructure (Wintel)
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 39539
Associate Professional, Infrastructure Engineer (Windows)
Windows Infrastructure Engineer role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of all machines that are on Windows environment. They install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the organization’s operating environment. They also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments, responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth. Individuals in this job family are also responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the data center.
Infrastructure Engineer need good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with clients and other technical colleagues. Individuals work across all functional areas of the Institute and use a strong customer service orientation to ensure that all service requests and incidents are resolved in a professional manner. They share their expertise and provide individual training and support. Infrastructure Engineers work with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to all customers and IS&T teams.
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related course
- At least a year of experience in managing Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016)
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for actions.
- Genuine desire to provide superior customer service.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and influence technical professionals across the enterprise
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are essential in this role
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous initiatives of which he/she will apply their applicable business, technical and system functionality background.
- Knowledgeable in Best Practices of Microsoft Technology.
- Provide supports and Manages Windows Server Environment (AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO, Clustering)
- Able to understand the use of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Manage and Support Exchange System and handles messaging task. (Good to have)
- Knowledgeable in O365 and MS Teams. (Good to have)
- Responsible for the daily operations and handles Incident, Problem, Project, Change Management
- Understanding in ITIL Service is recommended.
- Identify opportunities and improvement for existing infrastructure or deploying new systems to increase performance or capacity.
- Working knowledge in VMWare Administration. Maintains VMware-related standards, policies, procedures and best-practices.
- Able to handle and troubleshoot high and critical incidents.
- Ensures all machines are in smooth operations.
- Must be able to drive a call or project if needed.
- Handles Projects such as Server Provisioning/Decom some application upgrades.
- Perform on-call duties (24/7 as necessary)
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations.
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams (on-shore/off-shore) and vendors to ensure on time resolution of customer impacting incidents
- Participation in DR testing, implementation and testing exercises
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork.