Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The BI Account Manager is a critical team member within our growing Global Business Intelligence organization. Our team is highly specialized in digital marketing, data visualization and data sciences that can yield valuable market insights and craft effective strategies to capitalize on market opportunities at the right time. The right candidate will complement the team by bringing a willingness to drive results, engage in new opportunities, and undertake challenges big and small.
The BI Account Manager works with the sales and the vendor management team(s) to facilitate BI discussions and deliver BI solutions to our vendors. The BI consultant will be responsible for maximum utilization of BI for marketing program execution, influencing vendor’s data-driven marketing strategies with Ingram Micro, generate awareness within marketing, establish relationships with the vendor partners, articulate ROIs, and develop action plans. Furthermore, the BI consultant takes a role in the global BI roll out and will assist the US based Consultant team to develop a robust BI practice in non-US regions. The BI Consultant has a thorough understanding of IM’s BI offerings so he/she can articulate BI benefits and align offerings with reseller/vendor/internal sales objectives in front of Sales/VM and resellers/vendors. He/she manages the opportunity pipeline and the projects associated with his/her assigned vendors.
The BI Account Manager will also have many internally based responsibilities. You will be expected to hold an informal coaching/mentoring relationship with one or more members of the BI organization. The leadership team will look for you to proactivity bring new ideas to the larger BI team including new programs, program augmentation, process improvement, and proactive client opportunities. You’ll also be expected to take ownership, develop, persuade, and execute cross-functional team projects with other members outside of the Consulting team.
Additional skills include strong communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of internal and client organizations (Business Intelligence Team, Ingram Micro Vendor Team, Vendor Team) to ensure project success, the ability to weigh alternatives/determine strategy, and negotiate contract terms when needed.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Account Management (30% of time)
- Manage the overall vendor relationships and act as the main BI point of contact for vendors and the vendor management teams.
- Represent BI in ongoing planning and strategy sessions
- Streamline the BI delivery process and work with the rest of the BI team to ensure high quality delivery
- Collaborate with Mktg and Vendor Mgmt teams to deliver clients a unified ONE Ingram message
- Listen to clients, interpret their needs, and recommend the appropriate BI solution
- Ability to scope projects effectively so all BI teams are aware of client objectives, commitments, and expectations so the BI team is in a position to be successful.
- Be comfortable presenting to groups big and small, internally and externally.
- Actively manage your project pipeline by identifying new opportunities, managing current opportunity list, and prioritizing high percentage opportunities.
Business Development (25% of time)
- Build vendor targets that align to revenue goals.
- Review past Business Intelligence vendor engagements and recommend opportunities to add additional value with new BI offerings.
- Consistently look to engage new vendors with Business Intelligence offerings
- Network with IM Marketing and Vendor Mgmt teams to generate awareness of BI offerings and solutions
- Attend and represent BI at reseller and vendor face-to-face events
- Assist a regional lead with project execution and vendor planning for a region outside of US (Canada, LATAM, EMEA, or APAC).
Project Management (25% of time)
- Assist with the delivery and timeline mgmt. of Global BI projects
- Plan execution/input meetings between vendor management, vendor, and BI team for project input
- Establish timelines and expectations of each project
- Communicate scope, expectations, and commitments to internal project teams in a timely manner
- Work internally and use existing workflow tools to ensure projects are progressing and meeting vendor expectations
- Monitor the progress of the project and course correct and reprioritize as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Communicate expectations and deliverables needed from the vendor and IM vendor teams in a timely manner
- Provide feedback and develop best practices to evolve our processes.
- Provide coaching to the Associate BI Consultant regarding project management best practices
Post Project Completion (20% of time)
- Develop and deliver full post campaign ROI analysis to clients
- Gather campaign feedback from both internal and external clients
- Communicate valuable feedback to IM BI leadership team
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience
- 3 years of experience in marketing, planning strategy, direct marketing, and/or account management with at least 2 years translating marketing analytics OR data science to a non-technical audience
- Project Management Experience
- Knowledge in Supply Chain Logistics + computer industry a plus
- Managing cross functional project teams/change management
- Solving unique problems by applying past/best practices and principles and uses judgment to meet new conditions
- Proven ability to maintain professional relationships internal/external
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to advise management of status on work and potential issues
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization
- Ability to negotiate and communicate ideas and suggestions to positively influence the team and process owners to moving forward with implementation
- PC literate, advanced levels in excel and word, experience with data warehouse information and SQL a plus
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems with minor direction
- Proved ability to achieve results through the motivation or influencing of others
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Set realistic/achievable targets
- Proactive, self-starter
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.