Shift Manager - Manchester, Middleton
Middleton, MAN, United Kingdom
Job ID: 40101
SCOPE & PURPOSE:
- The job holder will be required to drive business related service improvements and manage all aspects of day to day operations on a shift basis. The position requires dedication and passion to work with minimal direction employing unique skills as you become a prominent member of the Ingram Micro management team.
- The job holder will be required to have a fully flexible approach to working patterns which may involve a 2 shift system of working encompassing 40 hours per week, rotas of days and hours of work between Mon to Sun 24/7, which may be subject to change in line with the needs of the Company.
- As part of the responsibilities of this role, the job holder will be expected to conduct a professional handover to their counterpart on the subsequent shift. This will form part of your 40 paid hours per week within your terms and conditions of employment.
- This role is a salaried role which will require the job holder to undertake such hours as are necessary to meet the requirements of the job. No additional payment will normally be made for any additional hours worked and there will be no entitlement to overtime.
PRINCIPAL TASKS OF JOB / CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To create the daily work targets per area, which will detail output requirement per process and man hours required to deliver the output.
- To manage the delivery of the output of each area via your supervisor team, ensuring that output versus man hours worked is delivered in line with the schedule.
- To proactively manage staff “crewing” per area, removing additional staff/man hours as work dictates during the shift and to ensure that each area is crewed with the correct number of FTE and PTE to deliver against the schedule.
- To follow progress in every area hourly during the shift, ensuring that all efficiency and control KPI targets are met. The above KPIs are subject to monthly review and reset depending on business requirements.
- To oversee all aspects of daily tasking of your team, i.e. to ensure that a set of mandatory, pre-defined short interval control activities are carried out by each staff member.
- To install and maintain short interval control to manage customer SLA’s.
- To ensure KPIs are achieved in each customer process.
- To deliver revenue and gross profit levels in line with Ingram Micro forecasted levels.
- To develop and install processes with a commercial bias and continue to review and improve over time.
- To attend regular operational and commercial review meetings with the customer.
- To build and maintain strong professional relationships with colleagues at all levels to attain successful service delivery.
- To assist in the project management of service development activities.
- Pro-active development of own specialist knowledge and skills undertaking necessary self-development activities and identifying development needs.
- Compliance with respective accreditation guidelines (quality & environment).