Vendor Business Manager- VMWare/LATAM
Miami, FL, United States
Job ID: 40600
Who we are:
Ingram Micro is the world’s largest technology distributor. We touch about 80% of the technology being used in the world today, which means YES, we’ve probably touched some part of that phone or laptop you’re on way before you did! With operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates worldwide, we generated $50 billion in revenue! After over 40 years in the industry, we’re continuing to expand our footprint and we’d love to expand it with you!!
Ingram Micro is looking for a Miami-based Vendor Business Manager responsible for the relationship with VMWare in our LATAM Export Division. The ideal candidate will have experience with VMWare as well as data center, data protection, network security, and possess a strong financial acumen. Bilingual English/Spanish speaking is required.
Your role as Vendor Business Manager:
- Develop and facilitate profitable partnerships and strategic management of the vendor relationship
- Develop business plans and drive business for designated vendors or project within a business unit
- Understand vendors key initiatives, assisting category manager with products and markets served
- Act as a resource to the department as a vendor expert
- Recommend new opportunities for incremental sale
- Offer feedback on the competition
- The Vendor Business Manager is accountable for the profitability of assigned vendor line(s) and business segments or projects
- Provide input on promotions, product launches, and suggestive selling
- Responsible for managing purchase discounts, automated cost over-rides (ACOP), vendor rebate funds (VRF) and rebate collections
- Negotiate terms and conditions, rebate structure and, buy-in and deals
- Determine parameters for inventory stocking strategy, the return of the product, forecasting, payment decisions, Excess & Obsolete inventory management, and priority allocation
- Serve as elevation point for buybacks and customer return allowances
- Negotiate terms and conditions
What you bring to the role:
- 4-year college degree or additional relevant experience in related field
- Minimum 8 years of functional experience including a minimum 5 years of position specific experience (technology sales/distribution, vendor relationships and management in this capacity)
- Prior experience managing relationships with VMWare or other related solutions
- Bilingual English Spanish Speaking required
- Prior experience setting strategic plans with proven results
- Experience with Back up solutions is preferred
- Familiarity with MS Office Programs-Outlook, Excel & Word is required
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written as you will be talking to our vendors, partners and other team members a lot!
- Driven to get results and achieve goals
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits that include generous Paid Time off, 401K Match, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage as well as Tuition Reimbursement program
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Excellent career mobility – Just network with any of our associates and learn about their journeys at Ingram Micro!
A place that you will love to come to work every day!
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.