Sr. Manager, Human Resources
Millington, TN, United States
Job ID: 40643
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day
with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries
and more than 30,000 associates.
As a Sr. Manager of Human Resources, you will be a part of an on-site HR team and partner with management to deliver high quality support and advice.
This Position will support our vision and strategic direction to cultivate our world-class distribution facilities, acting as a change agent to continually develop the culture and support our vision.
In this exciting leadership role, you will be responsible for ensuring on-site human capital requirements are met including: the sustainability of a reliable and competent workforce and labor crewing that delivers improvements in productivity.
This position will provide guidance across industrial and employment law, recruitment, induction, performance management, change management and engagement initiatives.
Location : This role is located at our distribution center in Millington, TN. Occasional travel, as needed.
Direct Reports: 3 - 5
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Provide support to employees and managers in the handling of all human resource related activities which may include: employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Supports and serves as a liaison between employees and management
- Provide counsel to employees and management to maintain a productive and positive work environment, including development planning, coaching, etc.
- Advise managers on salary offers and equity increases
- Coordinate workers compensation program, includes issues relating to modified duty/early return to work, ADA and litigation
- Assist in the recruitment efforts and new hire and transfer processes including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development of job descriptions, diversity recruitment strategies, interview candidates, job offer recommendations and offer letters, write announcements, and act as liaison with the hiring manager and the recruiting team.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
- Consult with appropriate legal counsel as needed.
- Consult with and advise management to maximize employee productivity through swift and timely resolution
- Resolve employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings (corrective action), Performance Improvement Plans.
- Provide counsel and support to managers for performance development and improvement. Provide and track compliance of required training including conducting New Employee Orientation, New Manager Orientation, Harassment Awareness and other related compliance training, leadership and management courses, etc. as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
- Partner with internal Compliance team to participate in audits conducted by state or federal agencies such as the OFCCP.
- Monitor and provide feedback regarding the use of policies and procedures and propose / draft policies / updates as needed.
- Strong communications skills: interpersonal, oral and written
- Must be able to work with all levels of associates and management within the organization
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Power Point, Word, Access and Outlook
- Experience with HRIS systems- People Soft preferred.
- Knowledge of basic HR law and applications desired
- Extensive background as a Generalist HR, ideally within a distribution or enterprise retail business
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
- Human Resource experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, associate relations, associate communications, and leave of absence laws
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management or comparable discipline, or related field experience preferred.
- 3 years as a Human Resource Manager.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- 7 years of HR Generalist experience
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, Investigation Skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker's compensation
- Experience with HR systems Workday and KRONOS preferred.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.