Section 1: Identifying Information
08 Jan 2021
Positions reporting to this position
Target team size:
India / Mumbai
Section 2: Position Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer focused person with very good verbal and written communication skills. You would have extensive experience in development and enhancement of huge and complex applications in multiple domains. You would have experience in understanding of functional and operational processes in areas of Supply Chain Management, Logistics, eCommerce and Asset Management. You would have the ability to quickly understand the business processes and the business needs and convert these into use cases or feature documents that correctly reflect the understanding.
We are looking for a person who is self-driven and loves to take on challenges and can keep pace with the technology changes. You would be needed to understand the latest technology trends and be able to recognize and propose such things during your business discussions. You would be needed to keep pace with the future needs and changes needed in our fast-moving IT Asset Management and Disposition line of business. You would have the ability to envisage a business problem and convert it into a systemic solution that the development team can implement.
Section 3: Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
- Gather customer requirements, and turn these into well-defined product requirements and specifications
- Review and understand all existing business and operational processes for the ITAD applications and work with business owners to identify opportunities for improvement and design solutions
- Partner closely with the development team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as execution schedule
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to align teams around the application vision. track application development and develop application feature lists.
- Product owner to prioritize features/user stories/tasks, groom backlog,
- Critical thinker to be able to troubleshoot issues and provide recommendations to management and peers
- `Participate in functional and integration testing of assigned projects
- Lead multiple scrum teams
- Create documentation as needed to transition knowledge to end users and support staff
- Provide go-live support and facilitate knowledge transition
- Expand business process knowledge through participation in related user groups and share this with the development team
- Attend all scrum ceremonies and weekly meetings with the team leads in Mumbai and US
- Work closely with vendor teams and ensure mature and fair interactions with their team members
Section 4: Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Relevant Science disciplines with an IT emphasis is required. A minimum of 8 years of Business Analyst / Product Manager / Product Owner experience, in either of Asset Management, Supply Chain Management or eCommerce and Order Fulfillment areas.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline with an IT emphasis is required
- 8+ years of business analyst or relevant work experience
- 5+ years professional experience working with Asset Management, Supply Chain Management or eCommerce and Order Fulfillment domains.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows
- Responsible for all requirement gathering, documentation, and product owner testing of the application features
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to simplify the complex and build consensus
- Solid balance of strategic thinking and ability to get things done
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate across senior executives and cross functional team members
- Experience with agile (either of Scrum or Kanban) and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in working with designing tools like Visio and change management tools like JIRA, Rally or Azure DevOps
- Understanding of Cloud based environments and infrastructure tools like Azure, AWS or GCP.
Section 5: What we offer
- The ability to have a high impact on the business, and to touch all aspects of the application
- Being part of a highly functional and efficient core team in the rapidly changing Asset Management and Disposition landscape
- Good work-life balance, in a fun/friendly work environment