As Transportation Project Manager you will be responsible for setting up and analyzing the transportation and logistics. You are proactive in signaling bottlenecks, doing root-cause analyses and think in solutions. Furthermore, you will look for improvement areas in operational transportation processes of the logistics and ensure adequate data management. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to ensure that data driven decisions are being made, dealing with conflicting interest which will require persuasiveness and accuracy.
As part of the optimization two critical projects are required to be managed by you
- Analyses of current/future functionality and objectives of the EU Transportation Management System and Control Tower function
- Supporting the set up and implementation of new logistics processes within the European Transportation organization such as freight handover, address validation, order consolidation and inbound processes (in conjunction with Lean)
- Create a Supply Chain Customer Excellence program to measure with KPI’s from order to delivery performance
- Work with the country teams on further carrier rationalization
- Provides expertise on business principles, processes and tools based on internal and industry best practices.
- Full implementation of the TMS and Control Tower within EU
- Partner with the business to visualize impact and dependencies of core cost and service drivers enabling best practice sharing and fact-based decision making
- Develop, implement and execute standardized reporting and business analytics
- Develop and propose improved ways of working to increase efficiency and transparency in the end to end supply chain but especially for transportation
- Ad hoc analysis to support fact-based decision making
- Analyze the inbound logistics stream & recommend/implement process changes
The Transportation Project Manager will report into the European Transportation Director.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator
- Process minded and business oriented. Ability to suggest and implement both process solutions to day to day business problems and strategic solutions
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Superior MS-Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of IT systems (TMS/WMS, ERP, Supply Chain planning and advanced analytics systems) gained through education and/or experience is a plus
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management or other appropriate education
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in supply chain and/or transportation environment
- Excellent in English language verbally and in writing; preferable basics in German and/or French language is an advantage
- Prepared to travel (20%- 30%)