Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become one of the world’s largest technology distributors with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
The Director, Supply Chain Planning and Replenishment Systems will maintain and advance an optimized inventory planning and replenishment system with accompanying processes which optimizes inventory productivity, working capital leverage, and operational efficiency. Develop and execute on strategies that align with ONE philosophy (operational excellence, innovation, and customer experience). Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders to drive value and insight to achieve strategic objectives set by management. This position will report to the VP of Operations and is a key member of the US Operations leadership team, responsible for driving cross functional organizational awareness and alignment on the role of operational planning in executing to the Ingram Micro corporate strategy. This individual will play a critical role in championing the organization’s progress toward an aligned, metric-driven Sales & Operations planning process.
Blue Yonder (JDA) Systems
- Owner and subject matter expert of the system, leading the team that manages Blue Yonder (JDA) Demand, Fulfillment, Order Optimization, and Inventory Optimization, including underlying configurations, calculations, processes, and strategy.
- Ensure all planning and replenishment systems meet SLAs and performance goals and maintain levels of data integrity. Test, analyze and implement configuration and other changes/settings to ensure performance meets goals and that there is an efficient and effective integration between functional and technical specifications.
- Determine root causes of performance variances and lead resolution process. Monitor system issues for larger trends and partner to develop plans to address as needed.
- Support Partner Planning team in optimizing inventory productivity, working capital leverage, and operational efficiency through (but not limited to)
- Providing subject matter expertise and relevant data to develop and execute processes, system settings/usage, and stocking strategies
- Development of demand plans based on business trends and demand patterns
- System tuning/setting (safety stock, lead time, etc.) at appropriate level (vendor, product line, SKU)
- Leverage of economic ordering quantity to optimize balance among inventory levels, ordering practices, and distribution/transportation costs
- Develop processes and system use improvements to improve forecast accuracy, increase collaboration with internal and external partners, and ensure that the translation of demand into the supply-planning process works seamlessly.
- Build/develop internal planning systems team. Motivate, lead, and educate planning associates. Transition business-side system support from third party provider. Recruit and maintain high performing supply chain professionals.
- Liaise between user community, I.T, and application vendor to identify, prioritize and resolve system or business process issues.
- Develop and lead internal knowledge sharing process for Blue Yonder applications, business processes, and best practices through effective user support & training.
- Support strategic long-term working capital enhancement projects and goals through long-range demand planning and forecasting, and system/process enhancement road-mapping.
- Assist Director, Partner Planning in driving change in Partner Planning organization and other relevant functional partners through thoughtful change management strategy and communication.
- Continuously review performance and apply advanced supply chain strategies to drive enhancement and long-term planning.
- Provide technical support, analysis and thought leadership for projects such as new distribution centers, zip code shifts, new customers, and seasonal builds.
- Develop business acumen to understand each functional business unit to set appropriate goals and metrics
- Stay abreast of planning development and best practices by attending key user conference, knowledge sessions and active benchmarking with other users. Develop and provide perspective to leadership regarding relevant planning developments including upgrades and new tools.
- Creating a “Core Model” solution standard for integrated supply chain planning organization, process & technology to drive global and regional alignment of planning operations
- Roll-out and support Planning as a Service (PAAS) with key customers and vendors.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements/needs and identify opportunities for business process optimization.
- Develop/Identify new solutions, processes or systems to address improvement opportunities, and work with relevant partners to effectively communicate and establish.
- Map overall business objectives & challenges to opportunities for next generation process & technology capabilities
- Document and share “best practice” methods, processes and ideas across vendor and supply chain operations to drive continuous improvements and support knowledge building/transfer.
- LEAN: Identify, document and execute projects to improve overall inventory productivity and operational expense.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration with an emphasis on supply chain preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain/Demand/Fulfillment/Order Optimization/Inventory Optimization
- Strong leadership skills to work across all functions and levels of an organization; ability to lead change; effectively establishes high performing teams and role models high performance standards.
- 4+ years of implementation and advanced knowledge with Blue Yonder (JDA) Demand, Fulfillment, Order Optimization, Inventory Optimization, including underlying configurations, calculations, processes, and strategy.
- Deep understanding of the fundamental principles and execution of statistical forecasting, business forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain, and deep understanding as to how inventory planning, levels, ordering practices and flow impact distribution and transportation operations.
- Proven ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences. Ability to translate technical information into clear actionable communication.
- Committed to continuous improvement. Familiarity with LEAN and continuous improvement principles.
- Project Management: Ability to implement recommendations and see projects through to completion
- Confidence with external networking and engagement for benchmarking and advanced learning.
- Manage well under pressure. Demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Team management: able to lead teams during periods of significant organizational and business change. Ability to manage ambiguity and drive change.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong ability to understand and communicate complex financial data
- Strong communication/presentation – verbal and written
- Associate coaching and development
- Leadership and management
- Strong problem-solving
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Position may require travel.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.