Sr Software Engineer-IND
Mumbai, MH, India
Job ID: 38543
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
Ingram Micro's global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve.
What will you do?
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and develop solutions to a variety of technical challenges. For this role, you should enjoy breaking down technical problems, able to provide insights towards the design and development, and know how to optimize your solution for the language and infrastructure.
- Build (Coding, Code Review, Unit Testing) and innovate features on Shipwire's flagship merchant application and APIs
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and Design teams to implement, test, and deliver features that delight our customers
- Work with a team of engineers to ensure consistency, performance, and quality in deliverables.
- Be able to anticipate and overcome roadblocks.
- Work closely with Product Manager to ensure features are delivered to specification and schedule.
- Maintain high standards and quality in our application by writing unit and/or automated tests.
- Communicate updates with Scrum Master, Teal Lead and Project Manager on a regular basis.
- Participate in code reviews and protect the code base and product.
- Build the road by creating documentation to help current and future teammates.
- Understand the customer viewpoint and advocate for a great user experience
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- BE or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Proficiency building scalable web applications in an OO development environment (e.g. Java, PHP/LAMP, Ruby)
- Comfortable throughout the technical stack, from database and microservices to APIs and client applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a bias towards over-communicating
- Strong team player – experience working with small teams with Agile methodologies
- Proven team player who earns the respect of their team members through collaboration and technical excellence
- Experience writing unit tests and using continuous integration systems
- Experience with Git version control
- Dependable.. Friendly. Curious. Confident.
HOW DO YOU STAND OUT?
- Experience developing in Java (1.8 and above) and (PHP/MySQL) stack
- Experience in Spring boot framework (2.2.6.RELEASE)
- Experience in Go, Java and/or MongoDB preferred
- Experience building web applications using front end framework such as: Backbone, Angular, or React.
- Knowledge and experience working with service oriented architectures.
- Experience building responsive websites.
- Contributor to open source projects.
- Experience scaling and improving performance on evolving software and web applications.
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure (GCP, Azure, AWS).
- Strong bias towards action and iterating
What is in it for you?
You will get a wonderful opportunity to be part of the ambitious plans we have for growing one of the most important parts of our organization.
We will support you in your professional and personal development, by providing you with access to LinkedIn Learning and many high-quality training courses to increase your technical knowledge and expertise.
You will get the opportunity to begin a long-term career with an unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and an international organization like Ingram Micro.
Ingram Micro is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where all associates are valued, respected and supported. We are highly driven by our tenets of successes: Results , Integrity, Imagination, Responsibility , Courage and Talents.