Fort Worth, TX, United States
Job ID: 40905
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Benefits of Working For Ingram Micro!
- Medical insurance is available the first week of employment.
- 401K vests upon hire, with no waiting period.
- Employee purchase program, discounts for name brand phones, TVs, desktops and more!
- Managing the beginning to end process for buying wireless. products for a multinational telecommunications company.
- Activities include procurement, sourcing, supplier selection, product delivery specifications, and quality.
- Working cross-functionally with Ingram Micro's operation leaders and repair vendors, internationally
- Develop and maintains working relationships with supply chain partners.
- Establishes purchasing processes and procedures for the organization.
- Evaluate technology needs and procure essential technology products.
- Ensure purchases remain within budget and on schedule.
- Manage inventory levels and receive requisitions, reviewing each item for specifications for quantity, specifications, and delivery requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize procurement needs.
- Develop and investigate supply sources, and issue request proposals, quotations, or bids for those items not covered by any existing purchasing agreement.
What you bring to the role:
- Established and productive professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with general supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult and may be complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices. Works on moderate to complex projects.
- Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Receives moderate level of guidance.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy.
- General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with Senior/Specialist staff members on some technical issues.
- A four-year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1-year experience in a buying role.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.