Pre-Sales Engineer, Automation
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 40995
The primary responsibility of this role is to define and drive the key initiatives, solution offerings and evangelizing Ingram Micro Automation Solution to partners. This role will entail the candidate to be abreast on the latest technology in his/her domain knowledge and beyond.
We are seeking candidate with strong technical expertise and proven delivered projects in commercial projects.
Ideal candidate should possess/ experience in:
- Design and solution automation solution using RedHat as the platform of choice for our clients
- Responsible to process architect and deliver implementation with DevOps and Automation tools (eg. Ansible, Jenkins, GitHub, etc).
- Problem solver with the ability to see things from multiple angles, constantly challenge the norm, and constantly looking for better solutions to problems
- Independent team member being able to make judgments calls in a fast-changing environment with limited or ambiguous information.
- Be able to work and coordinate scope with support from remote engineers.
- Strong consultation / communication / presentation skills
- Knowledgeable in Unix/Linux and Windows Operating System
- Scripts (bash or PowerShell) to perform automation on deployment.
- CI/CD Tools like CA, Jenkins,
- Configuration on project development pipeline.
- Knowledge in Debugging and tracking errors on the system in the development environment, test environment, or production/staging environment.
- Knowledge of Quality Tools and Management tools like Sonar and Jira
- Build codes using npm, grunt, ant, and maven or .net equivalent tools like MSBuild.
- Knowledge of Repository tools like Git, SVN, TFS, etc…
- Basic network security/ Hardening.
- Knowledgeable on any of the cloud environments / Platforms like AWS, Azure would be advantages.
- Experience in either container technology with orchestration or microservices. (e.g. Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS, ACS, ECR)
- Configuration tools like Ansible, puppet or chef.io
- change management
- Comfortable working independently to contribute to the success of assigned project(s)
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN technologies
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as PHP, Python or Java, YAML preferred
- Experience with monitoring, metrics collection and reporting using open source tools
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and enjoy working in a team
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology