Due to continued growth we have a fantastic opportunity for a consultant to join the Comms-care consulting practice to act as a Technical Consultant specialising in DC Networking.
As a award winning VMware Master Services Competency holder in Network Virtualisation and Cisco Gold Partner with Advanced Data Centre Architecture, Comms-care (a wholly owned subsidiary of Ingram Micro Inc.) is the UK’s market-leading strategic service partner to the IT channel community. With a commitment to being 100% channel-focused, Comms-care offers a highly qualified technical team, complementary and supportive business model and an unrivalled level of service to over 900 channel partners ranging from SME to enterprise level; delivering services on their behalf to ‘000’s of end user organisations with site locations throughout the UK and into mainland Europe and North America. Comms-care has a rich and scalable value add portfolio which spans the IT lifecycle from pre-sales and professional services to managed services and maintenance as well as a range of complementary business services such as flexible resourcing, finance and IT asset disposal.
As a DC Networking Consultant at Comms-care you will undertake individual consultancy assignments or work on a project as part of a larger team analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data and recommending solutions. You will also Technically manage the design and implementation of solutions and assist with qualification of designs and opportunities.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Attend and present at customer opportunities and workshop sessions
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Provide appropriate contributions to Statement of Works and Invitations to Tender
- Build a solid skills foundation in chosen subject matter
- Build and enhance relationships with peers
- Continue development of consultative skills
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality
- Highlight technical risks so that any Comms-care exposure to commercial loss can be minimised
- Produce and update assignment documentation as required
- Ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed
- Identify other Comms-care service and sales opportunities
Required Experience (Design, Deployment and Migration)
- Fluent with Design and Implementation of VMware NSX-T networking virtualisation technologies, and capabilities around VXLAN, EVPN, and Cisco advanced routing, switching and firewalls.
- Cisco network equipment including: Cisco Nexus 9000 / 7000 / 5000 / 2000 series of Data Center switches running both NX-OS and ACI code.
- Network /internet Protocols/Services such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VXLAN, LACP, DNS, TCP/IP, and VPN
- VMware solutions including vSphere, vCenter, and vRealize Network Insight
- Ability to manage and deploy network changes, including firewalls and access lists
Advantageous to your application:
- Knowledge of automation and programmability using Ansible and Python with VMware vRealize Automation or UCS Director a plus but not essential
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure Cloud networking and NSX Cloud capabilities a plus but not essential
- Storage Area Networking (fibre channel switches) a plus but not essential
- VMware VCP-NV certification, with expectation of earning VCAP-NV certification within 6-12 months.
- CCNP DC or significant progress towards it required within 6-12 months.
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics
- Three or more years of experience in a technical consulting type role
- Desire to develop and progress their career
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Experienced, mature, influential, assertive and diplomatic
- Able to operate independently or as part of a larger team
- Able to technically manage other people on large scale projects
- Able to network with industry peers and customers
- Industry leading knowledge of chosen subject matter
- A flexible approach to work and prepared 'go the extra mile' to exceed customer expectations
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling complex problems beyond own area of expertise
Make an application to join the team
Our team is as much about our people as it is our customers and business partners. We want associates with a strong desire to succeed. We offer a competitive base, bonus and benefits package.