Supervisor, IT Operations-USA
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 40713
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
About the Business Unit: IT Operations – US/ West Coast
Reports to: Sr. Manager, IT Operations
- This IT Team supports our Irvine headquarters (and other locations/Field Reps on the West Coast)
- Will manage about 4 employees
- High visibility to C-level Management
General Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Provides support to the organization's internal users of computer applications and hardware (e.g., PCs, servers, mainframes); answers questions regarding system procedures, online transactions, systems status and downtime procedures, and is typically located within a call center; collaborates with network services, software systems engineering and/or application development in order to restore service and/or identify problems; maintains a troubleshooting tracking log ensuring timely resolution of problems
Education / Experience:
- Supervises support level employees.
- Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team.
- Problems faced may be difficult but typically are not complex.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports and stakeholders.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to moderate level of control and review. Supervises support level associates (clerks, production associates, technicians) in an organization characterized by high transactions or processes. Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team to ensure task completion.
- Assignments are largely established in accordance with schedules and deliverables.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines.
- Can make exceptions to some but not all processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of department processes.
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Four year college degree not required but strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience and 1 year of leadership experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.