The IS Security Operations Analyst is accountable for executing global and regional day to day security operations tasks which include but not limited to incident response, security breach, DNS request management, review of firewall change request, administration of network and/or endpoint security technologies, SIEM tools administration and change management.
The Security Operations Analyst will ensure operating environments are maintained to optimal performance and meet defined SLAs. Key success criteria in this position: in-depth understanding of global security best practices, good understanding of technologies such as host base AV, next generation firewalls, advance threat protection, intrusion detection/prevention systems, security tools architecture, Windows and Linux administration. This role will implement best practices, operational discipline and integrate appropriate changes as business needs require.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
• Ability to adapt in a complex environment, loves challenges, with the will and drive to learn new things on your own.
• 4 + years of experience in related field with at least 2 years in enterprise security. Good understanding of cloud security (Azure, 0365, AWS, GCP etc.) is desirable.
• Endpoint Security Management (Administration, Deployment, Operations) for security tools.
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) management experience is a plus.
• Hands on experience of NextGen Firewalls administration and best practice.
• Deep technical knowledge in IT technologies, operating systems, networking, database and global business experience.
• Deep understanding of security risks and threats as they relate to the company’s operating environments.
• Has exposure in creating technical documentation for security tools and procedures.
• Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained.
• Demonstrate high competency working under pressure and executing multiple global projects at the same time.
• Strong enterprise security understanding.
• Understanding of ITIL and its practical application is nice to have.
• Demonstrated competency in managing third party providers in IS operations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external partners on all levels to resolve technical and business level discussions on security matters and provide solutions in a timely manner.