Job Title:Jr Product Manager, Specialized Vendors
Reports to:Head of Vendor & Marketing Operations, Cloud
Valid as of:Apr 1st, 2021
Ingram Micro is changing how business is done in the cloud. Ingram Micro Cloud is a master cloud service provider (mCSP), offering channel partners and professionals access to a global marketplace, expertise, solutions and enablement programs that empower organizations to configure, provision and manage cloud technologies with confidence and ease.
The Jr. Product Manager, Specialized Vendors has shared responsibility for achieving the sales and profit targets for multiple strategic, specialized cloud vendors (e.g. Adobe, DropBox…) and for creating the highest return for both Ingram Micro Cloud and the vendor. This role will be accountable for helping to manage the day-to-day and strategic operations of the assigned vendor portfolio, liaising with the Vendor Marketing and Cloud Operations teams. Of specific responsibility, is the maintenance, renewal and application of the terms and conditions, price list and sku mngmt, special partner pricing and promo collections.
Reporting to the Head of Vendor & Marketing Operations, Cloud the Jr. Product Manager, Specialized Vendors will work with IMC vendor marketing team members to promote both Ingram Micro Cloud and specialized vendor’s events, webinars and supplier approved activities for partners and assisting the Head of Vendor & Marketing Operations, Cloud, in the day to day business.
- Interacts regularly and attends meetings with all levels of the vendor, ensuring business relations are of the highest order, and engagement is proactive so that performance is monitored, and new initiatives can be introduced
- Support and enable new strategic and specialized vendors to join Ingram Micro Cloud ecosystem during each phase of the onboarding process: T&C’s negotiation, contract, business plan, education on the technology, SKU setup and CMP readiness among others.
- Be apart of internal, standardized forecasting and business planning with assigned vendors that achieve agreed revenue targets and generate the planned profit outcomes
- Management of vendor cloud products and services including budgeting and annual business plans, providing numbers and analysis on the portfolio selection, price lists and margin.
- Works with Marketing and Cloud Operations team members to develop targeted campaigns supported by vendor co-op funding resulting in product line growth and profitability
- Provides direction, development and support to ensure the sales team is performing at optimum levels for the relevant product groups.
- Measurement and maintenance of critical product group performance data in order to ensure that Ingram Micro meets its vendor commitments and fully leverages all commercial opportunities for rebates and other vendor investment initiatives
- Enable sales for resellers and local sales teams, queries and incidents, support new cloud vendor SKUs, offers and associated products/services in CMP; resolving transaction issues with vendor, maintain pricing, and assisting with improvements
- Ad-hoc operational updates relating to vendor (i.e. cut off dates for month/ quarter end), assist on AP issues including orders on hold and payment authorizations
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant additional experience in related field.
- 2+ years of product management or vendor relationship experience required
- Cloud solutions experience(SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) or software experience preferred.
Key Skills and attributes:
- Experience in product management for IT distribution for cloud/SaaS products/services
- Attention to details, time management skills, organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member cooperating with others, keeping them informed about her/his area and vendors while sharing knowledge and best practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-function, high-pressure environment
- Adheres to Ingram core values of Teamwork, Respect and Accountability, treating others with the highest degree of dignity, equality and trust working together to meet our common objectives
- Ability to understand, create and manipulate financial data and budgeting spreadsheets
- Strong Admin focus