Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
*This position is in Irvine, California
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic leader to join the team and deliver Global ERP solutions, to include the complete end to end S/4 Hana geographical expansion. This position will ensure the SAP centric projects are successfully completed within the defined scope, quality, time schedule and budget. In addition, the Sr. Manager, SAP Program Management will help with the continuous strategy for implementations, integration and migrations globally.
This position reports directly to the VP, Global SAP and leads the entire Global SAP S4 Program, leading direct and indirect associates, program managers, project managers, consultants and business leaders to ensure the successful completion of projects, executing the end to end SAP W/4 Hana strategy for implementation, integration and migration.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity is someone with strong leadership experience, project management and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage a team of direct and indirect reports across the globe and a portfolio of programs/projects in global SAP and a diverse group of people from various geographies, departments and levels of the organization including executive leadership, and uses past experience and good judgment to deliver solutions that add exceptional business value.
- Establish and execute all aspects of the program management function for large scale, complex global SAP programs and/or portfolio of medium-large sized projects that are delivered across the Ingram global landscape.
- Lead a team of Project Managers to deliver solutions that involve a combination of the following attributes: large scale program investments, multiple project teams, multiple technology disciplines, global or multiple region geographic delivery, geographically disbursed delivery teams, and/or the highest level technical complexity.
- The program management function includes, but is not limited to: Program Leadership, Planning & Administration, Execution Integration, and Financial Management.
- This position must have a mastery of both program and project management methods, and proven prior experience working on a variety of ERP programs/projects to succeed within the high paced environment of Ingram Micro’s Global SAP organization.
- It is expected that the result of this position will be the delivery of an efficient and effective SAP solution or series of solutions resulting in a competitive advantage for the company. A program is defined as a solution delivery team that is made up of multiple project teams all focused on delivering a single solution whose scope is large.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical field is required.
- Preferred: an MBA (or equivalent) from a top-tier institution, or equivalent business experience.
- Preference for the following certifications - Program Management Professional (PgMP), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), and PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification preferred.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience of combined program and project management delivery.
- 5+ years managing a team of Project managers in a program management role delivering SAP S/4 HANA solutions.
- Prior experience managing 6 or more end-to-end projects in SAP ECC global migration or implementation, including offshore teams.
- Experience integrating SAP tools- SCM, GTS, BW, credit card tools, etc, certified products vistex, high radios, and 3 party tools.
- Experience guiding and facilitating executive level business decisions and performing business analysis.
- Prior experience with the Agile/Scrum methodology and Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Experience with project planning, forecasting, financial tracking, blueprinting, gap analysis, realization, solution deployment, and transition is required.
- Strong people leadership capabilities. Ability to develop and grow a project team that is skilled and motivated to deliver against commitments.
- Relationship management experience within an enterprise globally, among executives, customers and staff; as well as externally with vendors and business partners as required.
- Experience leading large cross-function teams and driving consensus among colleagues; ability to lead, motivate, influence, and drive to results in a highly matrixed environment is essential.
- Ability to motivate colleagues to peak performance and establish credibility with key decision makers.
- Significant experience in evaluating a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems and making decisions; identifies critical, high pay-off strategies and prioritizes team efforts accordingly; adjusts actions and decisions for focus on critical strategic issues (e.g., customers, quality, competition, etc.).
- Complex problem resolution under stress and ability to merge diverse technology agendas into a cohesive, integrated SAP solution by influencing key technology resources.
- Ability to conduct and interpret qualitative and quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills and show independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment.
- Establishing relevant and comprehensive project performance related metrics that highlight, not only the overall health of the project, but provides before and after business operations performance as a result of the project's solution delivery.
- Superior communication skills both written and oral.
* Position may require travel, including global travel.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.