Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
We are seeking an Executive Director – IS for our Commerce and Lifecycle Services (CLS), responsible for business support in the Americas. CLS is a global Leader in logistics and supply chain, commerce enablement & device lifecycle services. These services include marketplace connectivity, order management, fulfillment, transportation management, reverse logistics, repair, recycling and resale. Combined with an open technology platform and global infrastructure, we help our customers to deliver on their brand promises every order, every day, everywhere, every way.
This role will report to the SVP, CLS with dual reporting to the global Chief Information Officer. S/he will be a member of the SVP, CLS and the global CIO’s executive staff, and will serve as a critical leader in helping to steer the direction of IS for the global CLS lines of business. As a trusted business partner to CLS, the global Chief Information Officer, and executive leadership, the Exec Dir, IS CLS-Americas will plan, organize and oversee all information technologies and services for the business unit to ensure the effective, efficient and secure operation of all information processing systems. Must be strategically aligned with our business to identify solutions and innovation that solve problems, grow the business and profitability, improve our competitive position, deliver employee productivity and ensure high quality services and support. Responsible for the strategic direction of CLS IT-related efforts in support of the organization’s goals, development and prioritization of Information Technology (IT) initiatives, and collaboration with global IT’s centers of excellence (COE) and global IT peers to develop best-in-class, scalable technology solutions. S/he will work closely with counterparts across Europe and Asia.
The ideal candidate will be an information technology executive who is interested in the professional challenge of transforming the IS function through strategic thinking, proactive partnering with other leaders in the organization, and an approach that ensures that IT adds value during a period of positive change and growth. The Executive Director IS CLS will partner directly with internal global teams and external partners (customers, vendors, suppliers) to ensure the continuous improvement of systems and capabilities, and achievement of appropriate service levels as contracted. This position will also provide leadership for the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes across the company to reduce risks to information and information technology infrastructure.
- Oversee the CLS-Americas IT department which includes logistics application support, systems engineering, network/infrastructure engineering, user services, telecommunications, information security, program management (PMO), business analytics and other information technology functions. Some of these roles dual report into the global COEs.
- Design, develop and implement solutions for the Americas in collaboration with global IT teams and regional peers, leveraging the full scale of capabilities and resources of the CLS business unit and of Ingram Micro.
- Partner and consult with executive staff and senior management to understand business requirements, explore best in class technology solutions and third-party options, and define technology and digital initiatives and investments required to support key strategies and needs.
- Drive strategic thinking and tactical execution across all business processes with an absolute focus on the customer experience.
- Use lean and six sigma methodologies to enhance the customer experience and improve efficiencies via business processes optimization and automation, deployment of modernized applications, and implementation of e-commerce capabilities and digital solutions.
- Partner with customers to ensure the experiences and the value they receive from CLS technology is world-class, while driving continuous improvement and innovation in systems and capabilities.
- Ensure high degrees of service delivery from the COEs. Ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are met. Drive process and service improvement initiatives.
- Serve as an advocate for the business in defining requirements, building business cases, enabling testing and adoption and ensuring successful rollout of enterprise initiatives.
- Lead support and application development for regional or country systems.
- Ensure regional, site and distribution center infrastructure is resilient, highly available and compliant while also aligned with enterprise strategies and technology standards.
- Provide service desk support for office, warehouse and mobile workers.
- Coordinate the IT financial submissions (budgets, outlooks, etc.), and look for ways to optimize our spend and drive efficiencies.
- Participate in client presentations and pursuits where technology is a key differentiator.
- Facilitate governance process that educates, selects, prioritizes and ensures the successful delivery of technology.
- Serve as the advocate, point of contact and solutions advisor (with the global COE) for business partners focused on project support – to include, but not limited to, building information modeling, collaboration tools with clients and general project support.
- Participate in and support other CIO-generated global initiatives.
- Proactively seek out ways to mitigate risk within IT.
- Coordinate the delivery of and maintain the country’s IT’s strategic plans to include 3- and 5-year roadmaps; industry benchmarks and assessments; and industry trend analysis.
- Participate (or lead) in due diligence and integration work for merger and acquisition (M&A) activity.
- Participate in compliance activities to include tracking plans, coordinating testing and maintaining action plans for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and other audits both internal and external.
- Recruit, retain and develop talent.
What you bring to the role:
- Provocative thought leader with a passion for technology and ability to leverage into value creation. Breadth of skills is more important than depth.
- Strong leadership and management skills with enthusiastic, confident and inspiring style. Decisive yet influential.
- Strong executive presence and interpersonal skills. Able to influence and navigate difficult situations.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills with demonstrable experience in working with executive management to advance key objectives.
- Understanding of, and past experiences with, all aspects of supply chain and eCommerce is preferred.
- Credible as both a business partner and an IT technology specialist
- Collaborative style that includes the views of others in recommendations and decisions
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrixed structure
- Ability to manage global complexity, changing priorities and conditions
- Ability to engineer and drive change as needed throughout the organization
- Process improvement mindset to include experience with Six Sigma or like methodologies.
- Proven teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address needs and challenges of Ingram Micro business leaders and clients
Education and experience:
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in computer science, engineering or technology-related: Advanced technical degree preferred.
- 15 years + of progressively more challenging IT leadership roles and a proven track record in IS and IT or related business leadership. CIO experience highly preferred in a comparably complex organization.
- Demonstrable business experience and IT leader (versus only a technology leader) in implementing technology to solve business problems. B2B, distribution, supply chain, eCommerce, and material handling automation experience highly preferred.
- Extensive experience with supply chain technology such as Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Transportation Management Systems (TMS).
- Proven record of leading bold strategic technology initiatives, digitization and organization transformation, while delivering outstanding results.
- Technology breadth. Experience in IT infrastructure and applications development; ability to understand IT and client technical requirements.
- Experience with implementing large-scale ERP solutions (SAP preferred), supply chain and CRM.
- Seasoned experience in Matrix management organizations with proven ability to manage and drive implementation and change.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in Program Governance, Prioritization, Integration Testing, Quality assurance in large scale system deployments in distribution channels and IT industry
- Six Sigma, LEAN and/or other process improvement and statistical methodologies experience required. Certifications preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and standards relating to information security
- Experience in budgeting, fiscal management, and enterprise vendor management.
* Position may require 15 – 25% occasional travel, including international travel.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.